X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DAMINK
    • Jun 2010

[Forum] WTF Seriously!!

Another upgrade i see!!!!!!!
    So despite my better judgement i decide to try it.

Database error in vBulletin 4.1.0
    Invalid SQL: UPDATE vbtemplate SET styleid = -10 WHERE styleid = -1 AND (product = 'vbulletin' OR product = '');

MySQL Error : Duplicate entry 'page--10-template' for key 'title'
    Error Number : 1062
    Request Date : Saturday, December 4th 2010 @ 12:44:01 AM
    Error Date : Saturday, December 4th 2010 @ 12:44:01 AM
    Script : http://www.ftw.net.au/install/upgrade.php
    Referrer : http://www.ftw.net.au/install/upgrade.php
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version : 5.1.52

Yay for VB.
    I swear one more error like this **** and i am going to throw my licence away and go to a better software.
    This is simply pathetic.
    Not only do you not offer JUST THE EDITED files to save bandwidth to ALL YOUR CUSTOMERS
    But the last 2 updates have screwed my forum completely.

CAN SOMEONE ACTUALLY HELP ME WITH THIS CRAP!

Had 4.0.8 patch 2 or some crap.
    Upgrade to 4.01 after the first screw up.
    Is this another screw up or what?
    Just curious as my forum is DOWN!!!!!!!!!!

I SWEAR ONE MORE TIME WITH VB AND I AM OUT OF HERE!!
    FTW Forum <- Home of the damned!
  • DAMINK
    • Jun 2010

Seriously though.
    Please take as long as possible to reply.
    This will just be testimony to why i leave VB and go back to a better software.
    After all i pay for hosting! I pay for sortware. So where the hell is the SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT SUPPORT FOR MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• DAMINK
      • Jun 2010

Double post? I dont give a ****.

• Upgrading to 4.1.0 Beta 1
      • Step 1 - Creating vbapiclient table
      • Step 2 - Altering session Table (1 of 3)
      • Step 3 - Altering session Table (2 of 3)
      • Step 4 - Altering session Table (3 of 3)
      • Step 5 - Creating vbapilog table
      • Processing XML
      • Step 1 - Setting global profile customization on
      • Processing XML
      • Step 1 - Import latest options
      • Importing vbulletin-settings.xml
      • Import Done
      • Step 2 - Import latest admin help
      • Importing vbulletin-adminhelp.xml
      • Import Done
      • Step 3 - Import latest language
      • Importing vbulletin-language.xml
      • Import Done
      • Database error in vBulletin 4.1.0
        Invalid SQL: UPDATE vbtemplate SET styleid = -10 WHERE styleid = -1 AND (product = 'vbulletin' OR product = '');

MySQL Error : Duplicate entry 'page--10-template' for key 'title'
        Error Number : 1062
        Request Date : Saturday, December 4th 2010 @ 12:44:01 AM
        Error Date : Saturday, December 4th 2010 @ 12:44:01 AM
        Script : http://www.ftw.net.au/install/upgrade.php
        Referrer : http://www.ftw.net.au/install/upgrade.php
        Classname : vB_Database
        MySQL Version : 5.1.52

Comment

• Glenn_E
        • Dec 2009
        • 4.2.X

Are you saying that upgrading in your test environment was successful but, now in production it's failing?
        Please don't tell me that you didn't perform the appropriate tests before upgrading.
        Assuming that you made a backup before upgrading, I would revert back to your previous working version to get back online then run it through the test process again. Something must be different about your test environment compared to your live environment.

I normally install a clean version first to see what the new version looks like and perform the appropriate tests. If the clean install fails, I know not to bother with testing an upgrade. Then, if I have problems with the test upgrade, I do some quick troubleshooting before I disable everything and make sure I have a clean style / template to work with. All this helps me determine if the problem is on my end or vb's. Considering many others have a successful upgrade of 4.1 including mine (in test), if you haven't already done so, I would remove all of your mods and changes before performing the appropriate tests.

And if you do throw your license away, send it my way... I would gladly take a 3rd license!
        WestCoastGearHeads.com vb 4.1.10

Comment

• DAMINK
          • Jun 2010

Yep dont worry guys.
          I will work this **** out myself.
          Quality service we have here at VB.
          Its ok to ask you to pay.
          But when you need help.
          Well..... No we will take our time.
          Once i get this piece of **** forum back up i will convert and forever quote this worthless thread as testimony to why i threw away a few hundred bux.

Comment

• DAMINK
            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Glenn_E
            Are you saying that upgrading in your test environment was successful but, now in production it's failing?
            Please don't tell me that you didn't perform the appropriate tests before upgrading.
            Assuming that you made a backup before upgrading, I would revert back to your previous working version to get back online then run it through the test process again. Something must be different about your test environment compared to your live environment.

I normally install a clean version first to see what the new version looks like and perform the appropriate tests. If the clean install fails, I know not to bother with testing an upgrade. Then, if I have problems with the test upgrade, I do some quick troubleshooting before I disable everything and make sure I have a clean style / template to work with. All this helps me determine if the problem is on my end or vb's. Considering many others have a successful upgrade of 4.1 including mine (in test), if you haven't already done so, I would remove all of your mods and changes before performing the appropriate tests.

And if you do throw your license away, send it my way... I would gladly take a 3rd license!
            Database too big to simply revert
            Yes i did it on a live forum
            I thought releases were supposed to be tested by the people i PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Guess i am wrong.
            Looking to other help outside VB now.

Comment

• DAMINK
              • Jun 2010

Yes i will offer the licence to someone.
              Not sure who yet. But i will.
              I am done with VB. Its a great software when its working.
              But support sucks 1000 times worse than free ones.
              I hate to say it but i am one of the many suckers who got suckered into the OLD VB and what it stood for.
              More fool am i.

Comment

• Glenn_E
                • Dec 2009
                • 4.2.X

Did you already submit a ticket for support? Posting in here is good to see if you can get some help from other admins but, isn't the best place to get the support from vb.

Comment

• DAMINK
                  • Jun 2010

Just for the record i have had more support from other sources already.
                  This really should be testimony to those who want to buy VB in the future and think it is what it was many years ago.
                  ITS NOT.
                  Its a buggy software where you dont get support and updates get pushed out so quick mod and theme coders cant keep up so ultimately disaster is a result.
                  Do they offer only edited files for download? NOPE. They expect the whole file structure to be downloaded. WHY? Hell knows. Wasting bandwidth or less mod work?
                  ONE SERIOUSLY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER AND WILL LET IT BE KNOWN!

Comment

• DAMINK
                    • Jun 2010

Na **** support mate. I get nothing here. Seems staff just sit back and laugh at paying customers with real issues.
                    Good on them. They earn enough that it dont matter i am sure. But at the consumer level. ****ty work PERIOD and i will let it be known.

Comment

• Glenn_E
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 4.2.X

Just tryin' to help you with some thoughts... Hope you get back online soon!
                      Btw... I'm thinking that most of the support folks are sleeping since you started this thread at 10:49pm on a Fri night here in the States.

Comment

• DAMINK
                        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Glenn_E
                        Just tryin' to help you with some thoughts... Hope you get back online soon!
                        Btw... I'm thinking that most of the support folks are sleeping since you started this thread at 10:49pm on a Fri night here in the States.
                        Yea i hear ya mate. And i thankyou for your help.
                        My anger is more at the crew at VB certainly.
                        My last issue went unanswered for days also until i ultimately resolved it myself.
                        What kills me is the fact they charge for this yet cant offer support. Or testing it appears?
                        2 updated and 2 major errors. This one was quite epic i must say. Full database replacement and file replacement.
                        Still in the process of doing this.
                        But highlights the problem.
                        Lack of testing clearly.
                        The fact they dont seperate files.
                        We only want modified files after all. Sucks to have to edit files again or sort throught the file stucture to find what you want and dont want.
                        Like i said. I get it back i am done with VB. Not sure on the ability to hand over the licence but if i can i certainly will as i am done with VB.
                        Worst online purchase i have ever made.

Comment

• Zachery
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Jul 2002

A few things:

1. This is the community support forums. A response from a staff member here is not something that is always possible, we do try as hard as possible to make sure the forums are supported as much as we can.. Even if every thread recieved a response, as much as we try there will always be periods of slowness in coverage either due to levels of support or not enough staff around.
                          2. You should wait 24 hours before bumping a post, period. You waited a grand total of 10 min
                          3. None of us sit back, and laugh at anyone having problems.
                          4. We do test releases as much as possible internally and inside of a beta group, sometimes things won't cropup internally because we don't have the same products as you, or that are just 100% impossible to replicate in a test enviroment.

It looks like you ran into an older bug that should have been addressed: here

The issue comes from the fact you have duplicate templates in the same style somehow.

I don't understand how any site is to big for a backup, as someone who has worked with 10GB+ databases. Nothing is to big to backup, and having backups in place can help prevent issues when they do crop up.

We should be able to address the problem by looking at your template table, can you look at it in phpmyadmin, and sort by title name, then look for any templates with the same styleid and the same name?

Comment

• Terry2424
                            • Aug 2008
                            • 3.8.x

Re: WTF Seriously!!

Two things. The first I will take that extra liscence.

These second thing. Very important.

Patience. I find the support very good. I understand the frustrations when things go to ****. The first thing is figure out how to back up your database. This should become a regular occurrence. Set up a test site as well. There are instructions on here how to do so. I can't link them now as I am using the mobile app.

Just a little patience and it will work out just fine. With backups in the future there will be no worries

Best of luck

Comment

• DAMINK
                              • Jun 2010

lol thanks for the replies.
                              Ironically none of them help me get my forum back online do they?
                              As for backups. Yes i did a phpmyadmin backup before i decided to destroy my forum by upgrading.
                              To hear its an old bug. EPIC! I see more and more why people complain about VB!
                              As for expecting any help.
                              Nope. Gave up here.

Comment