Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DAMINK
    • Jun 2010

Too late. I rolled back
    Only lost 3 weeks which is not the end of the world.
    I have mostly got my forum running again now with a few small errors.
    Check out the home page and you will see the errors i am getting.

Code:
    [B]Parse error[/B]:  syntax error, unexpected ')' in [B]/home/ftwforum/public_html/includes/class_core.php(4070) : eval()'d code[/B] on line [B]51[/B]

[B]Parse error[/B]:  syntax error, unexpected ')' in [B]/home/ftwforum/public_html/includes/class_core.php(4070) : eval()'d code[/B] on line [B]51[/B]

[B]Parse error[/B]:  syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in [B]/home/ftwforum/public_html/includes/class_core.php(4070) : eval()'d code[/B] on line [B]59[/B]

[B]Parse error[/B]:  syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in [B]/home/ftwforum/public_html/includes/class_core.php(4070) : eval()'d code[/B] on line [B]59
    [/B]
    Also i cant access my ACP anymore. Getting a different error there.

Code:
    Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
    File: /home/ftwforum/public_html/includes/class_core.php(4070) : eval()'d code
    Line: 51
    But i am close. I expect i may even be lucky enough to get it up and running properly today
    FTW Forum <- Home of the damned!

Comment

• Boofo
      • Apr 2002
      • 4.1.x

Do you have this enabled under Options->General Settings?

Add Template Name in HTML Comments
      vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

• DAMINK
        • Jun 2010

I cant access the ACP to check mate.
        Trying to reup the includes folder again.
        When i was uploading them earlier today at one point during the upload the forum began to work perfectly. Then once it finished i got errors lol.
        I really cant win on this one.

Comment

• DAMINK
          • Jun 2010

Ok i ran tools in acp again and rebuilt the templates and got it to no sql errors for not logged in and 2 for logged in which are.

Code:

Now i still can not access the ACP because it says

Code:
          Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
          File: /home/ftwforum/public_html/includes/class_core.php(4070) : eval()'d code
          Line: 51
          So close now but yet so far.

Comment

• Destron
            • Dec 2009

I had a similar error a few months ago, about the header already sent, I believe it was a mod that was causing the error, you're getting this even with the plugin system disabled? I think I ended up uninstalling all my mods and then installing them one by one. Can't say for sure you're getting the exact same error message I got then. I think I was able to get in by using tools.php, and I there's a setting there that let me in back when I had the problem. It's the cache or something like that.

Comment

• DAMINK
              • Jun 2010

I tried updating the cache with the tools.php file.<br>That did not change anything.<br>I cant turn off the mods because i cant access the ACP currently.<br>I wish i would have stopped the FTP when the forum come back online properly. But decided to let the last 30 meg of files update. Got me buggered if i can replicate it though.<br><br>

Comment

• Boofo
                • Apr 2002
                • 4.1.x

Have you turned of all products via the config.php yet? And do you use Photopost?
                vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

Comment

• DAMINK
                  • Jun 2010

How do i disable from config mate?<br>I did look in there and could not see an option.<br>Never heard of Photopost sorry. <br>Are you talking about the breaks. Yea got me buggered why they are coming up.<br>I only use the quick reply so perhaps that is why?<br>

Comment

• Destron
                    • Dec 2009

You can turn off the plugin system by putting the following line in your config.php
                    define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
                    right after the first line: <?php

Comment

• DAMINK
                      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Destron
                      You can turn off the plugin system by putting the following line in your config.php<br>define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);<br>right after the first line: &lt;?php<br>
                      <br><br>Yep that fixed it mate. Now i can repair.<br>Thankyou mate. <br>Really at this point it appears my forum is back online.<br>Despite me cracking the ****s and effectively being a bit of a dick i have received countless support here and i am truely thankful for that.<br>Honestly without everyone i would never have got this back online.<br>Thankyou heaps VB Community. <br>Shall i forever eat my own words. IE first couple of posts in this thread.<br><br>BUT IT APPEARS TO BE FIXED x 1000<br> <br>

Comment

• Boofo
                        • Apr 2002
                        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by DAMINK
                        How do i disable from config mate?<br>I did look in there and could not see an option.<br>Never heard of Photopost sorry. <br>Are you talking about the breaks. Yea got me buggered why they are coming up.<br>I only use the quick reply so perhaps that is why?<br>
                        No, I was asking about Photopost on your site as I had the header error problem on that a long time ago when I used to use it.

Comment

• Destron
                          • Dec 2009

Best of luck

Comment

• DAMINK
                            • Jun 2010

Well i can say now after enabling mods etc that my forum is back and running.
                            Am i game to try upgrade again lol. Nope. Not yet anyway.
                            But wow quite thankful to all who offered assistance.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                              vBulletin Support
                              • Aug 2002
                              • 5.7.X

I always suggest testing any upgrade before you do it. See this article on how to create a test site:

I also run the following Cron based backup modification from Paul M over at vbulletin.org. This may help you for having more current backups going forward:

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• DAMINK
                                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                                I always suggest testing any upgrade before you do it. See this article on how to create a test site:

I also run the following Cron based backup modification from Paul M over at vbulletin.org. This may help you for having more current backups going forward:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231481
                                Yes i use that cron backup.
                                Ironically the script had stopped working for the last 3 weeks due to a full server i was unaware of actually.
                                I posted that in an earlier post here.

Comment