Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DAMINK
    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Mr. Mikey
    Here's something Steve once said to me in a support ticket, I keep it to hand now as it's useful information;

BTW

I'm one of the most vocal people there are when it comes to issues I don't agree with, issues which upset me with vBulletin or ANY software, and I have to say that recently I had an issue which wasn't even with my forums, and Zachary and myself resolved the issue in under 6 hours (or so) via the ticket system, Support is one thing I've never had a problem with here at vBulletin. Sure, the amount of bugs, sure the query count in the initial vb4 cms, sure the numerous other problems that I have with the company, but the support staff are in the same boat, and I've never had a problem getting support with my issues here.

All you've done here is bring the heat and negativity of the community (and indeed the staff) down onto yourself instead of being patient and working it out with Zach and the support staff via support ticket.

I hope you get the issues you're having fixed
    Oh i agree mate. If i had my way i would not have posted this thread.
    Or atleast not been 3/4 drunk and a little hot headed.
    Fact is i cant.
    I have some concerns offering admin access to my forums because some content i cant allow others to have access too.
    Its simply too private.
    [Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]
    Now that is something that interests me as it appears the default templates are either not there or being called incorrectly.
    FTW Forum <- Home of the damned!

Comment

• DAMINK
      • Jun 2010

The fact that when i try make a new theme from within ACP Style Generator, i loose the CSS even at that point has to be a clue?

Comment

• DAMINK
        • Jun 2010

Also when i try turn the board off i get only a white page?
        If that helps anyone identify the problem i have.

Comment

• Ace
          • Apr 2004
          • 4.2.X

Have you had a look at your error logs (in cPanel or wherever) to see if there's a heap of File Not Found errors? The path that they reference might give us some more clues.
          My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• DAMINK
            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Ace
            Have you had a look at your error logs (in cPanel or wherever) to see if there's a heap of File Not Found errors? The path that they reference might give us some more clues.
            Yea good call man. Will check now.

Comment

• DAMINK
              • Jun 2010

About 50 entries in the last 18 hrs. All for missing images.
              300 over the last day. Again just missing images as expected. Smileys mostly. Nothing more major than that.

Comment

• Boofo
                • Apr 2002
                • 4.1.x

Are you sure that all the files are for the latest version? Maybe it didn't overwrite some of them when you uploaded?
                vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

• DAMINK
                  • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Boofo
                  Are you sure that all the files are for the latest version? Maybe it didn't overwrite some of them when you uploaded?
                  I have tried the new files 4.1.0 files where i got the errors in the first place.
                  I then tried the files i backed up just prior to the upgrade.
                  And fnially i tried the old files from the last upgrade 4.0.8.2
                  I am currently using the 4.0.8.2 files. And i have tried repeatedly overriding files in the hope some did not take.
                  But given there is so many files i cant identify which file is the cause of the problem.
                  If i did i would just delete the file completely and then up to ensure its new.
                  My forum is over 9 gig in size and quite a messy file structure so it does get hard to identify a specific file unless i have an idea of location.
                  But i have re upped the files many times in the last day and a half i assure you.

Comment

• DAMINK
                    • Jun 2010

Support ticket submitted.
                    Thanks for everyone who did try help.

Comment

• Paul M
                      Former Lead Developer
                      vB.Com & vB.Org
                      • Sep 2004

I may have missed this in a post, but does the default vbulletin style work ok ?
                      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• DAMINK
                        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Paul M
                        I may have missed this in a post, but does the default vbulletin style work ok ?
                        Well i had changed the default to my original one. So there is no default as such apart from the one i use or add. But no Default VB anymore.
                        Could that be the problem all along?

Comment

• Paul M
                          Former Lead Developer
                          vB.Com & vB.Org
                          • Sep 2004

You can always create a [new] default by creating a new style with no parent.

Not having one will no create an issue, bit you have one, and it works ok, you know your issue is with your other style(s), not something else.
                          Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Ace
                            • Apr 2004
                            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by DAMINK
                            Well i had changed the default to my original one. So there is no default as such apart from the one i use or add. But no Default VB anymore.
                            Could that be the problem all along?
                            And, how about disabling Products and Plugins?
                            My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                            vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              Former Customer Support Manager
                              • Jul 2000

Unfortunately since you have a vB4 Forum only license you are not eligible for ticket support.

Can you please give a summary of what the exact issue is right now and what you have done? Specifically you should follow ALL the instructions in post #75. It is rather confusing trying to piece together that info from this ticket. Once we know this we can make some more suggestions.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• DAMINK
                                • Jun 2010

Shattered to hear no support. I thought that is why i purchased actually?

Ok here we go again
                                Tried to upgrade from 4.0.8 to 4.1.0
                                Had issues as first post states.
                                Rolled back database and files and am left with a forum that is dead.
                                Please take the time to click here.

Comment