X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boofo
    • Apr 2002
    • 4.1.x

You crack me up! LOL
    vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

• Ace
      • Apr 2004
      • 4.2.X

It IS my raison d'etre, you know.
      My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
      vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Boofo
        • Apr 2002
        • 4.1.x

And you are good at it, sir.
        vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

• JoeBannon
          • Jan 2006
          • 3.5.x

What goes around, comes around.

Originally posted by Boofo
          Nice 'tude, dude.
          Advertising forums @ AdPatron

Comment

• Private_Ale
            • Nov 2007
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Ace
            Nyaaah nyaah nyaahh, can't make me.

You are clearly incapable of understanding the simple concept that what you want is not available here.

Best of luck being a complete prick, it works even better in the real world than on a forum.
            Did you not get your bottle of milk before bed, or has a bug just crawl up your butt?

I fail to believe that you are a competent adult, perhaps you're not and that is why you are trying to act like some tough guy on the internet. Did you get bullied in school when you asked a valid question, and now you feel the need to do it to others? If I recall correctly, the vBulletin developers developed vBulletin (see what I did there?). For that reason what he wants is available here. Whether or not the forum staff know the answer to his question is a different statement.

Why don't you grow up and take your own advice, because in this thread, you're the only prick I've seen. Go troll your own forum, but since you're here you obviously have no one there talk to.

I, for one, am appalled by the response (or lack thereof) in this thread by vBulletin staffers. Not answering a valid question is one thing [unless that generic copy-paste constitutes as an answer], but letting this child 'Ace' troll a customers thread with no recourse is a whole different story.

When purchasing vBulletin one of the bullets has the text 'Free forum support', if vBulletin has no interest in providing this 'free forum support', then just say so and close the thread. However to let this thread get derailed and have some sorry little man with a god complex come in and troll the aforementioned customer, how is this in any way a professional environment?

If a potential customer sees this thread, what will they say? If vBulletin is supposed to be a professional-grade forum why don't you (vBulletin Forum Staff) make your own community forum a shining example?

I'm going to report my own post. Possibly if vBulletin wants to restore what respect I originally held for them they will give this thread a thorough scrub and remove all nonsense posts including mine. I doubt it, but maybe they'll come to the realization that there are trolls on the internet and in that regard a forum requires policing.

Comment

• JoeBannon
              • Jan 2006
              • 3.5.x

I bet vbulletin staff love that you ruin their business and insult other clients.

To staff: what kind of community is this that you let a customer like this on your support board?! This is NOT good business.

Originally posted by Ace
              Nyaaah nyaah nyaahh, can't make me.

You are clearly incapable of understanding the simple concept that what you want is not available here.

Best of luck being a complete prick, it works even better in the real world than on a forum.
              Advertising forums @ AdPatron

Comment

• Steve Machol
                Former Customer Support Manager
                • Jul 2000

Here is the query to set passwords in vB:

UPDATE user
                SET password = MD5(CONCAT(MD5(password'), salt))

For future reference pP=lease note that code-related questions should be asked over at vbulletin.org.

Given the tenor of this 'discussion', this thread is now closed.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...