• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisbjax
    • Aug 2007
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Question about permission/admin access

Hi All,
    I will apologize in advance if I'm not doing this in the most effect way possible, so I look forward to hearing some feedback from you.

I run a gaming community of military folks over at http://usmilitarygamers.com
    I am attempting to configure some limited admin access for our recruiting staff, to be able to process applicants, and after given the green light, allow the recruiters access to change the primary group membership of the applicant to the full members group, granting them full access to the forum vs the limited access all registered users have.

What is the best way to accomplish this?
    In a perfect world, they should only need to have access to be able to change group memberships, and not be confused with the 100 other vbulletin options.

Thank you again for your time and assistance.
    Chris
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Create a new usergroup that has "Can Access Control Panel (is Administrator)" set to Yes. Now they will have access to a very limited admin panel (basically what they have access to as a mod - test it and see). Now, when you add a user to that group, they will show up on the list at admincp > usergroups > administrator permissions. That is where you give them permission to all the little tabs that *you*, the Super Administrator, can see. If you want them to be able to change their usergroup, I think you can just set Can Administer Users to Yes.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• chrisbjax
      • Aug 2007
      • 4.1.x

Hi Lynne,
      I did test that, however, granting them Users, gives them access to about a dozen tabs (overkill), and granting them UserGroups, gives them access to see, but cannot change group access.

Originally posted by Lynne
      Create a new usergroup that has "Can Access Control Panel (is Administrator)" set to Yes. Now they will have access to a very limited admin panel (basically what they have access to as a mod - test it and see). Now, when you add a user to that group, they will show up on the list at admincp > usergroups > administrator permissions. That is where you give them permission to all the little tabs that *you*, the Super Administrator, can see. If you want them to be able to change their usergroup, I think you can just set Can Administer Users to Yes.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Yep, you are correct. Your only other option is to create your own page that does this or find a modification that allows it. These are things you would look for over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...