How can Registered Users upload images to posts?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rockabilly
    • Jan 2009

[Forum] How can Registered Users upload images to posts?

Hi,
    I tried looking in the user group settings, but I cannot see how to give regular users permission to insert images into their forum posts. When they try, they are prompted to give the URL to the image. I have permissions as admin, but I can't figure out how to give permissions to regular members.

Thanks in advance...
  • beishe8
    • Oct 2005
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by rockabilly
    Hi,
    I tried looking in the user group settings, but I cannot see how to give regular users permission to insert images into their forum posts. When they try, they are prompted to give the URL to the image. I have permissions as admin, but I can't figure out how to give permissions to regular members.

Thanks in advance...
    ACP >> Attachments >> Attachments Permissions

ACP >> Usergroups >> Forum Permissions >> Can Upload Attachments

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Mr_Running
      • Nov 2009
      • 4.2.X

I just figure this out...in the last couple of days but have to say I do not like it.
      Upload image to albums then they can copy the BB Url and copy and paste it in Forum, Blog, Profile etc providing they have permission to use BB code.

I think it would be better to
      insert image
      which is the paper clip but it does not seem to be available in all areas of the product.

Edit: Sorry paper clip is attachment
      Too much work for users none the less.
      Last edited by Mr_Running; Fri 26 Nov '10, 8:25pm.
      Mr_Running
      You Could Live a Long Time: Are you Ready to Run?

For the improvement of social groups, please add tags, attachments, infractions, reputation, moderation tools, notifications, thread read marking, group discussions in What's new, category permissions and subcategories.
      More improvements: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-8784

Comment

• rockabilly
        • Jan 2009

Thanks for your help, but I am still stumped. I have the "can upload attachments" to "Yes" in the user groups, and
        "Can use this extension" set to yes in the attachment permissions. Yet, I am still not able to get the permissions granted to the regular users.
        It does work for the admin....

Thank you.

Comment

• Mr_Running
          • Nov 2009
          • 4.2.X

How can Registered Users upload images to posts?

I hope this helps.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	copy paste post.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	3680800thiis if from my album here on vbulletin

This is the BB code url --> copy, paste in the forum here
          Mr_Running

For the improvement of social groups, please add tags, attachments, infractions, reputation, moderation tools, notifications, thread read marking, group discussions in What's new, category permissions and subcategories.

Comment

• rockabilly
            • Jan 2009

Hi,
            Thanks for the info Mr. Running. There should be a setting so regular members have this permission already, so when they click on the icon to insert image in post, a pop up should appear and they can upload their image to their post. Attached is the image....

Click image for larger version

Name:	upload.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	3680801
            Originally posted by Mr_Running

I hope this helps.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]49284[/ATTACH]thiis if from my album here on vbulletin

This is the BB code url --> copy, paste in the forum here

Comment

• fholbert
              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by rockabilly
              Hi,
              Thanks for the info Mr. Running. There should be a setting so regular members have this permission already, so when they click on the icon to insert image in post, a pop up should appear and they can upload their image to their post. Attached is the image....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49285[/ATTACH]
              I'm with you. This is a step back and crazy a user can't upload a picture from his PC.

What were they thinking?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                vBulletin Support
                • Aug 2002
                • 5.7.X

Huh? You can upload from your computer!

Look at what rockabilly has posted. On the 'From Computer' tab, click on select files and a file browser window will open - select the file from your computer, then upload it.
                Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Mr_Running
                  • Nov 2009
                  • 4.2.X

Hello rockabilly
                  insert images into their forum posts
                  Yes the image which you posted is the one they should already have...sorry not sure at the moment what the setting would be...

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                  Huh? You can upload from your computer!

Look at what rockabilly has posted. On the 'From Computer' tab, click on select files and a file browser window will open - select the file from your computer, then upload it.
                  Hello Trevor
                  I do not think rockabilly has the 'From Computer' for the user/members

The Url bb code works for Profile, Groups, Blogs. But it would be better if the upload from your computer option was across the whole product.

Or is this something in permissions?
                  Mr_Running

Comment

• nakedanvil
                    • Mar 2010

I'm with you. This is a step back and crazy a user can't upload a picture from his PC.

What were they thinking?
                    You'll find solutions faster if you assume the problem is you and not the product.

AdminCP > Settings > Options > Message Posting Interface Options > Enable Standard And WYSIWYG Controls. Also does not work with Webkit browsers (Google Chrome). You'll also want to run the DB query to update your current members to this.

Also check:
                    AdminCP > Settings > Options > Message attachment options > Asset manage enable and also Advanced Insert Image Popup - Enable.
                    Last edited by nakedanvil; Fri 3 Dec '10, 2:57pm.

Comment