Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reefland
    • Sep 2000

[CMS] Demonstrate Your vb4 CMS

I see a lot of threads from people asking what they can do with the CMS and downgrading what can be done with the CMS. I thought it would be interesting to do just the opposite. Instead of complaining about what it can't do (which I haven't found much yet) how about we demonstrate what it can do.

Here is a section of my site that uses the default CMS with only vbseo as a modification. I think it may be one of the most unique uses of the CMS to date.
    Kentucky Wildcats Basketball and Football News

So, whatcha got?
    sigpic
    Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article
  • dog199200
    • Sep 2010
    • 4.2.X

If it counts that I picked apart vB, and used its API to build my own CMS, here is what I have come up with: http://www.divineshadowsonline.com

vB's system in general is extremely flexible and can do almost anything as long as your not afraid to get your hands dirty with the API, and even call things with SQL is the API doesn't allow what you want.

Comment

• Destron
      • Dec 2009

Wow, both of these look very nice and professional, mine doesn't look nearly as nice, but here it is any way.

Comment

• ashley76
        • Jan 2008
        • 3.8.x

Those are all great! Mine doesn't look as good in my opinion, but I still fiddle with it every day trying to get it just right!

Comment

• fdifranco
          • Dec 2008
          • 3.5.x

I really like the CMS. I have limited CSS knowledge so I haven't souped up the interface like the first two fellows but I love having the ability to make my own PHP widgets to give my site a lot of dynamic content.

Here's my site: http://www.footballbook.pro. I just go with the vb4 default skin until I learn more CSS.

I often check out the nominees for board of the month to get some ideas and 'borrow' ideas for widgets.

-fab

Comment

• socceronly
            • Nov 2009
            • 3.8.x

We are still working on it.

Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

• Ramsesx
              • Aug 2005
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by fdifranco
              I really like the CMS. I have limited CSS knowledge so I haven't souped up the interface like the first two fellows but I love having the ability to make my own PHP widgets to give my site a lot of dynamic content.

Here's my site: http://www.footballbook.pro. I just go with the vb4 default skin until I learn more CSS.

I often check out the nominees for board of the month to get some ideas and 'borrow' ideas for widgets.

-fab
              Nice widgets and well done. You don't need to have css skills to change your style, most can be done by simply changing of the colors and background images. I would give it a try and also resize the logo smaller, it's really too big.

Comment

• markwein
                • Feb 2009

Heres mine : www.MWGLforums.com
                MWGLforums.com - Free Video Guitar Lessons and more!

Comment

• toon79
                  • Jun 2007
                  • 4.2.X

Here's our Graphic Design Forum Article Section

Comment

• Bram
                    • May 2007

Here is mine www.racedepartment.com

(still looking for a way to align the article titles next to the preview image instead of above it)

Comment

• robdog
                      • Oct 2005

Here is mine:
                      bolttalk.com
                      47. Software of the kind released by XL generally takes several years to research and develop, as did vBulletin. Based, in part, on the speed in which the XenForo product was released slightly more than a year after Darby and Sullivan left VBSI, VBSI is informed and believes, and on that basis alleges, that Darby and Sullivan retained Jelsoft's and VBSI's proprietary materials obtained during their employment by Jelsoft pertaining to existing and future versions of vBulletin ...

Comment

• rexxxy
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 4.2.X

here is mines, im still trying to find a skin i like so I'm using default skin

A discussion board focusing on authentic Caribbean entertainment

Comment

• PoC
                          • Jul 2008
                          • 3.7.x

Comment

• markwein
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by PoC
                            I just shared the link on my forum. We have some Cthulu fans amongst the guitarists apparently
                            MWGLforums.com - Free Video Guitar Lessons and more!

Comment

• raidendawg9
                              • Jul 2005
                              • 3.8.x

Our latest incarnation, and most likely not the last:

Meet Our Attorneys Lucius Koehn Edwin Jackson Chris Stringham Choose Your Perfection In The Essential Legal Helps It could be an accident, work injury, patient injury or abuse. Most often, the affected person experiences transient complaints, but sometimes the incident can lead to long-term illness with reduced work capacity and extensive contacts with insurance companies ... Read morePSH LEGAL HELP
                              PigskinHeaven.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...