• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zvinayak
    • Nov 2010
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] Can I install a test forum on my machine

Hi

I have a VB license. I want to know if I can install a copy on my local machine for playing around with it. I hope it is allowed under the license. Also, can I install one copy on my office machine and one on my home laptop?

Regards
    Last edited by zvinayak; Mon 22 Nov '10, 2:38am. Reason: spell check
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Yes, the license agreement allows you to set up a test board:

"If you have a valid license, you may set up an additional test forum in order to test code, template and database modifications. To make this clear to us and our license verification procedures, place it in a directory called 'testvb' and be sure to password protect it. It must not be accessible by the general public."
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• zvinayak
      • Nov 2010
      • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Yes, the license agreement allows you to set up a test board:

"If you have a valid license, you may set up an additional test forum in order to test code, template and database modifications. To make this clear to us and our license verification procedures, place it in a directory called 'testvb' and be sure to password protect it. It must not be accessible by the general public."
      Thanks. It would be on my laptop, not on a webserver. So the general public can definitely not access it.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

That's not a problem.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...