Search Box in Template editor is missing.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jefferis
    • Oct 2010

[Forum] Search Box in Template editor is missing.

HI guys, I can't figure out what happened, but the search in template box is missing in my style & templates editor. I saw this option before and saw it in the youtube training:

Click image for larger version

Name:	searchfound.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	3719128

Click image for larger version

Name:	searchmissing.png
Views:	1
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	3719127
    Any Ideas how to get this feature back?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jefferis
      • Oct 2010

With the security release updates L1 and L2, the new files show the "unexpected contents" errors

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

That will not be the case if you follow those instructions and upload all the files.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jefferis
          • Oct 2010

Okay guys, I have upgraded the entire site to 4.1, replacing all files and following instructions. I am still missing the Search IN Template Box !!!!! WHAT is going on??

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Do you have the same problem?
          Attached Files

Comment

• Deathjam
            • Aug 2006
            • 3.8.x

What browser are you using?
            My Site: INFJs.com

Comment

• Jefferis
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Deathjam
              What browser are you using?
              Safari 5.0.3, just tried in Chrome, same result.

Hmmm... but works in Firefox ... :-(

ODD, Safari has a field called Additional Options, but Firefox has Search In Template instead but not additional options.
              Last edited by Jefferis; Wed 15 Dec '10, 6:55am.

Comment

• ceho
                • Mar 2008
                • 4.1.x

It's the same in Opera...
                sigpic

Comment

• Deathjam
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 3.8.x

try using firefox, i have this problem
                  My Site: INFJs.com

Comment

• Jefferis
                    • Oct 2010

that's weird.

Comment

• Falcon Capt
                      • May 2006
                      • 4.2.x

Any update on getting this working in Chrome??? (vB 4.1.12) Works in IE8...

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Falcon Capt
                        Any update on getting this working in Chrome??? (vB 4.1.12) Works in IE8...
                        Not currently, I used Chrome on Windows to check as I was unaware this issue even existed and sure enough, there it was. I'm searching in the tracker now and will update this post when I find something .

Edit: Here it is - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-8797 so basically it's due to when the JS was written for that aspect of the software however I would vote for it, I did and so should you and anyone else using Chrome as their default browser .

Former vBulletin Support Staff
                        Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
                        Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...