Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dodgechargerfan
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] Upgrade to 4.0.8 - Sidebar and "What's Going On?" blocks don't follow style

I just upgraded to 4.0.8 from 4.0.7 and now the sidebar blocks and the "What's Going On?" block at the bottom are stuck with the default style settings and do not take on the current style settings.

Everything was fine before the upgrade..

Only two templates showed up as "out of date" during the upgrade process and the changes were successfully merged. They were specific to two different styles and not common across all styles. So, I don't think that is the problem.

Thanks for any guidance.
  • Falcon Capt
    • May 2006
    • 4.2.x

Originally posted by dodgechargerfan
    I just upgraded to 4.0.8 from 4.0.7 and now the sidebar blocks and the "What's Going On?" block at the bottom are stuck with the default style settings and do not take on the current style settings.

Only two templates showed up as "out of date" during the upgrade process and the changes were successfully merged. They were specific to two different styles and not common across all styles. So, I don't think that is the problem.

Thanks for any guidance.
    Did you revery your FORUMHOME template?

My sidebar and WGO box were all screwed up until I made the changes to my forum home template.

Also, the background of the WGO box is now "Secondary Content" under the Stylevars (don't ask me why).

Comment

• dodgechargerfan
      • Aug 2005
      • 3.6.x

Thanks for the reply.

It hasn't been customized at all. So, I can't revert it.
      The Revert button is 'disabled'

I checked the default vB style, a few of it's child styles, and all of my other parent styles. All the same: FORUMHOME "This template has not been customized in this style or any of its parent styles."

Are you saying I could force things back to normal by customizing the template and then reverting it?

Comment

• dodgechargerfan
        • Aug 2005
        • 3.6.x

I tried a modification to my test style and then reverted it and it made no difference.

Comment

• punchbowl
          • Nov 2006
          • 4.0.x

You'll have to change those two things again but in a different place in the stylevars.

the background of the WGO box is now "Secondary Content" under the Stylevars

Comment

• markwein
            • Feb 2009

Thanks for any guidance.
            Any other issues with the upgrade? I'm a little nervous about going to 4.0.8 and I know you're familiar with my forum...
            MWGLforums.com - Free Video Guitar Lessons and more!

Comment

• NeXtCentury
              • Oct 2009
              • 4.1.x

Originally posted by punchbowl
              You'll have to change those two things again but in a different place in the stylevars.
              thanks punch that fixed the wgo for me.
              Do you also know if the stylevars for the cms widgets are changed?

Comment

• dodgechargerfan
                • Aug 2005
                • 3.6.x

Originally posted by markwein
                Any other issues with the upgrade? I'm a little nervous about going to 4.0.8 and I know you're familiar with my forum...
                So far, no other issues.
                But these things stand out like a drummer with a steady girl. :P

Comment

• dodgechargerfan
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 3.6.x

Just noticed: even the default style is not right....

Comment

• jumbo-mumbo
                    • Dec 2007

my WGO is all messed up now... hufff

Comment

• dodgechargerfan
                      • Aug 2005
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by NeXtCentury
                      thanks punch that fixed the wgo for me.
                      Do you also know if the stylevars for the cms widgets are changed?
                      So, I have to go through and edit every style and set the stylevars for these elements????

Comment

• NeXtCentury
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 4.1.x

So, I have to go through and edit every style and set the stylevars for these elements????
                        For the wgo it's the only way to fix it. it will take no longer then 1,5 minutes of your time to fix this.

Comment

• dodgechargerfan
                          • Aug 2005
                          • 3.6.x

Still haven't figured this out - at least in terms of it only taking a few minutes.
                          All I can wrap my head around is that I would have to figure out what settings I want - perhaps looking at stylevars for other elements (which ones) - and then editing the stylevars for the "broken" elements.

I'm not afraid of the work. I'm afraid of doing it all and then finding out that there is a better way.

Perhaps a tutorial video would clarify and solidify the steps required to fix this. Anyone willing to do that?

Thanks again for any help.

Comment

• markwein
                            • Feb 2009

So far, no other issues.
                            But these things stand out like a drummer with a steady girl. :P
                            lol.

I might wait until the next release, then.
                            MWGLforums.com - Free Video Guitar Lessons and more!

Comment

• Chips
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 4.1.x

My WGO and sidebar were both fouled out when upgrading to 4.0.8. The side bar dropped below all the forums and the WGO block was FUBAR.

I save the custom div's and tables I had in both FORUMHOME and footer and the deleted the custom elements. Reverted both FORUMHOME and footer to default. Problem solved. Then... just re-inserted the code I had removed and all is well. Only a 5 min job tops, so not bad at all.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...