Add 'Subscribe' option to blogs for users that aren't logged in / registered

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoeSchmo23
    • Sep 2010

[Blog] Add 'Subscribe' option to blogs for users that aren't logged in / registered

Hello!

We're using VB 4.0.7. When viewing a blog, users that are logged in have the option to Subscribe the the blog. I'd like to add the same link to subscribe to the blog for users that aren't logged in or are unregistered. This would prompt them to register / login and after logging in, they'd be subscribed to the blog.

I *think* I need to change something in the blog_sidebar_user template but I'm not comfortable enough by half to dork around in there without creating trouble for myself...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...