X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Budget101
    • Jul 2008
    • 3.7.x

[CMS] Allow to Post Articles, but not Edit after

In the forums, the permissions can be set to allow members to edit post/threads for a specific period of time, and then disallow editing after that.

How do I set the same permissions for Articles? Once we've added proper SEO formatting for articles, members are editing and removing it!
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

They can't, as far as I know. I think the publish permission has a bit to many permissions at the moment. I would advise making a forum where users can submit articles, then you can promote them and the user won't be able to do antyhing.

Comment

• Budget101
      • Jul 2008
      • 3.7.x

Thanks Zach, I'll do that!

Comment

• lifanovsky
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Zachery
        They can't, as far as I know. I think the publish permission has a bit to many permissions at the moment. I would advise making a forum where users can submit articles, then you can promote them and the user won't be able to do antyhing.
        It has WAY too many permissions.. And I guess it will take a long time for developers to reconsider this..
        Boris Lifanovsky; administrator of the biggest Russian classical music forum

Lifanovsky.com | ForumKlassika.Ru

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Make a suggestion Though from my own personal expirences the vBulletin admincp permissions haven't goten refined ever.

Comment

• lifanovsky
            • Oct 2004

8) How do I do that, Zachery? 8)

If they can't publish, they get a very limited set of options - can't even have access to the properties of the picture they attach and no access to text formatting options. I.e. "can publish" has way too many permissions, and "can post" has way too little permissions. I would rather have a more traditional paradigm - "author" and "editor", for example. So that author could only publish and then edit his own articles, and editor could have been able to edit all articles in his section. Though was not able to edit the section itself. Otherwise this permission system is a bit useless for many tasks, for which it could be suitable otherwise.

Like, in my case, I would like users to be able to post announcements about their concerts on my main page. It could be like 50 articles per day and I am not able to moderate this ammount of data..

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

Go here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...20&issuetype=4

Comment

• lifanovsky
                • Oct 2004

Thanks, Zachery. Done it - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-9892 Though really not sure if they will hear me. 8)

Comment