A Couple of irritations you guys could maybe look at?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZombieAndy
    • Aug 2003
    • 1.1.x

[Forum] A Couple of irritations you guys could maybe look at?

Since moving to vB4 ive had a few of my members complaining, the main 2 issues for people on my forums seems to be

1. The search feature isnt as polished as it was in vB3, it seems to just pull random topics which have nothing to do with what you were searching for? very strange.

2. When using the threaded view (which alot of members do) there Next | Previous buttons which were there in vB3 seem to have disappeared, this was a popular feature and ive been asked several times to bring it back.

Anyone else had this problems or know any fixes?
    My Forums - A Forum dedicated to the horror films comprising the George A. Romero "Dead" series of films, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead, Diary of the Dead and Survival of the Dead.
  • ZombieAndy
    • Aug 2003
    • 1.1.x

Yeah so answers? the search question in particular is annoying.
    My Forums - A Forum dedicated to the horror films comprising the George A. Romero "Dead" series of films, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead, Diary of the Dead and Survival of the Dead.

Comment

• punchbowl
      • Nov 2006
      • 4.0.x

1. did you rebuild the search index? Other than that I don't know.
      2. Something that was in vb3 and isn't in vb4 is a bug. You should post it to the tracker and put (Regression from 3.8) in the title. Regression bugs tend to get a higher priority.

Comment

• djr
        • Sep 2001
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by ZombieAndy
        1. The search feature isnt as polished as it was in vB3, it seems to just pull random topics which have nothing to do with what you were searching for? very strange.
        The (semi broken) search function has been discussed to death already. You might want to search for it (pun intended). Helpful links: Tagged: Search or Tagged: Sphinx.

Originally posted by ZombieAndy
        2. When using the threaded view (which alot of members do) there Next | Previous buttons which were there in vB3 seem to have disappeared, this was a popular feature and ive been asked several times to bring it back.
        Did you enable the corresponding option in AdminCP->Settings->Options->Thread Display Options (showthread)->Full Next / Prev Links = Yes/NO ?
        - highly ill, but always intelligent -

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...