X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GHST
    • Dec 2006
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Vimeo embeds are tiny

Two of the main video sites people post on my forum are Youtube and Vimeo. When posting youtube videos, they work as expected. However, when posting Vimeo videos, the embedded video is tiny. I've looked in the theme templates (video bbcode) and both show a similar dimensions for displaying the content.

New Edit
    Please help. Currently running 4.1PL1 with very little modification to my forum. All my themes are children under the default vBulletin theme.
    Last edited by GHST; Thu 2 Dec '10, 10:12am. Reason: updated version number of forum I'm running. Still have the same problem. Even this site has the problem.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Do you have a link? Does the same thing happen when you post the same video on these forums?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• GHST
      • Dec 2006
      • 4.1.x

Most of my forum requires login permissions to view my content, however, I've moved a thread into a public area for you to view it.

This example shows the size difference of Vimeo vs Youtube video.

The vimeo video being posted here seems to work properly. Help!

Edit (11/6):
      The video above is what I'm experiencing. It's no longer full sized. I was initially when I posted it here on this site.
      Last edited by GHST; Sat 6 Nov '10, 10:34am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

I tried that with my unmodified 4.0.7 test forum and it works fine there too. This means the issue is almost certainly due to a modification.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• GHST
          • Dec 2006
          • 4.1.x

It was an add-on. Thank you for your help, Steve.

Comment

• GHST
            • Dec 2006
            • 4.1.x

It's back!

I can't delete this post. It was plugin related again.
            Last edited by GHST; Fri 22 Oct '10, 10:28pm.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

If it's plugin related, then remove that plugin and contact the author about this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• GHST
                • Dec 2006
                • 4.1.x

I've done some more detective work and it appears that it happens with any plugins I can install. I will install one to show top stats and then the Vimeo problem comes back. Uninstall, and try a different type of stats, same thing happens again.

I've rebuilt threads, tried creating a new parent theme, none of it works. I would like to at least have the ability to install plugins from vb.org. I never go crazy with adding them but it seems foolish that I can't use any.

I'm curious as to why it only affects Vimeo and not Youtube.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

My Vimeo example in post #3 is case in point. It doesn't work on this site now!

Comment

• GHST
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 4.1.x

bump and added a bug report: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-10102

anyone else experiencing this?

Comment

• GHST
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 4.1.x

Bump. Steve or VB Staff? I'd like an answer on this issue. You can see that this site (vbulletin.com) is experiencing the problem as well.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

I have not seen any evidence of this site having that problem. However since you filed a bug report, this will be handled through that. We (the support staff) cannot fix bugs.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• GHST
                        • Dec 2006
                        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                        I have not seen any evidence of this site having that problem. However since you filed a bug report, this will be handled through that. We (the support staff) cannot fix bugs.
                        You don't see post #3 showing improper sizing for the video embed?

Comment

• KW802
                          • Jul 2003

{EDIT: Never mind...}
                          Last edited by KW802; Fri 19 Nov '10, 5:54pm.
                          [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            • Jul 2000

Testing again:

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              • Jul 2000

For whatever reason this happens here, but not on my 4.0.8 test forum, which display it at full size. I really doing know why. Please feel free to report this in the vB4 Bug Tracker here:

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...