Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shamrox
    • Sep 2003

[Forum] How to get images to show up from RSS feed bot posts

I have a bot set up to post rss news articles in my forum.

I'm using:
    Code:
    {feed:description}
    [ url={feed:link}]More...[ /url]
    But the images that are in the rss feed do not show up. What tag do I have to add to include the images?

Thanks.
  • worried
    • Dec 2008
    • 4.2.X

I think Unregistered/Not Logged usergroup needs permission to view attachments.

Comment

• shamrox
      • Sep 2003

no, the images aren't being posted at all. nothing to do with usergroups or permissions.

Comment

• shamrox
        • Sep 2003

Nobody knows how to get images to display from a rss feed? I'm using the default coding in the rss feed manager and its excluding the images from the rss feed. It has nothing to do with permissions/usergroups, as I'm logged in as admin and there is clearly nothing there but the title, a few lines of text, and the "more..." link below. What tag do I need to include so the images appear?

Comment

• cerberuz
          • May 2009
          • 3.8.x

I get the exact same thing, as I also can't get images to show up in incoming RSS feeds, All I get is the Discription and the a link in the word "MORE" to the story..

Also, There is a Bug with VB RSS feeds where images in a thread are showing up as "attachment" instead of showing the image, I posted a bug in the tracker back in August when using vB 4.0.6 and it's been confirmed and has now been assigned "Major" status, so hopefully it will be fixed soon

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...