• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carinette10
    • Sep 2010

[Forum] thread order

Hi
    I hope you can help me on this one.
    How to I sort my threads, so that the original one stays on top and all the replies are sorted from the newest to the oldest?

Thanks in advance
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

If you go to AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Forum Manager > [Edit Forum], you can specify the thread listing order there.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• carinette10
      • Sep 2010

Hi Trevor

I have tried there but it only allows ascendant or descendant. If it is descendant, the opening thread is at the bottom though I want is to stay at the post. Do you know what I mean?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Look for the Thread Display settings in vBulletin Options. This sets the default view mode for new members:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> User Registration Options -> Thread Display Mode -> Linear - Oldest First

To reset options for existing users:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query -> Automatic Query -> Posts - Oldest First

Then click on 'Continue'.

And finally to do this just for yourself:

User CP -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Options -> Thead Display Mode -> Linear - Oldest First
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• carinette10
          • Sep 2010

It still not working and I read that my previous post does not make sense so I will try again

A new thread is opened, let call it 1, and the replies 2, 3, 4, 5
          I would like to do the view so that when we open the tread it shows as 1, 5, 4, 3, 2 from top to bottom. Do you know what I mean?
          Only the new threat is at the top and all the replies are from the newest to the oldest from top to bottom
          Thanks again

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

That will require modifications to the software and is not possible by default.

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

Doing it the way you want it (1, 5, 4, 3, 2) would require modifying the code. You may want to ask about this over on vbulletin.org, the modification site. (You may want to look up a mod called something like Chief First Post, I can't remember, and see if it would work for you.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• carinette10
                • Sep 2010

Ohhhh, ok thanks. Maybe you could add it to your list of features for your next version :-)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...