Proper entry for Human Verification Q&A (spammer problems)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vae Solis
    • Aug 2010
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] Proper entry for Human Verification Q&A (spammer problems)

Hey guys, I'm helping out some friends with spammers on their vBulletin 4 forum. I'm going to give Q&A Verification a whirl, but I want to make sure I enter the details correctly.

Specifically, if I ask a question, what is the proper method of inserting multiple correct answers? Do they need to be separated by just a space, or comma?

Example:

Q - How many band members are in Black Sabbath?

A - Four, or 4.

Just want to make sure I get that set up correctly for them. These guys are getting annihilated by spammers, the forum needs rescuing!

Also, if anyone has any extra suggestions aside from Q&A verification, I'm all ears. I'm particularly concerned about human spammer registrations that are then turned over to bots.

Thanks,
    D

Have you tried to use reCAPTCHA instead?

Comment

• Merjawy
      • Sep 2002

Just add answers to the same questions you will see the option to add another answer once you set the Q/A
      To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
      My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
      CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
      Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

• Vae Solis
        • Aug 2010
        • 4.0.x

Originally posted by semprot
        Have you tried to use reCAPTCHA instead?
        I haven't logged into their ACP yet, but yes, the current system is reCAPTCHA:

Spambots are somehow getting right past it.

Cheers,
        D

Comment

• Vae Solis
          • Aug 2010
          • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Merjawy
          Just add answers to the same questions you will see the option to add another answer once you set the Q/A
          Great, thanks!

About reCAPTCHA, is it possible they may have it set incorrectly? I haven't logged into their ACP yet, I'm doing research on this now while I wait to hear back from the current forum admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Vae Solis
            I haven't logged into their ACP yet, but yes, the current system is reCAPTCHA:

Spambots are somehow getting right past it.

Cheers,
            D
            Originally posted by Vae Solis
            Great, thanks!

About reCAPTCHA, is it possible they may have it set incorrectly? I haven't logged into their ACP yet, I'm doing research on this now while I wait to hear back from the current forum admin.
            I've checked your forum and your reCAPTCHA is working fine. Try to use Q/A instead. And here is some tips about how to deal with spammers.

Comment