X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scarex80
    • Jul 2007

[Forum] "Template Cache" Question

Hello everybody,
    is there a mechanism to clear "css cache"?

I modified vbulletin.css template inserting some references to vboptions variables, but even if I modify these variables, new values don't affect the final css; instead if I performed some changes in the template, the css is updated.

It "seems" as a internal cache system is used, and it doesn't recognized the changes in the value of my variables.

Is there a mechanism to clear this "cache"?

Thank you!
  • scarex80
    • Jul 2007

I'm sorry for bumping, but nobody has an idea on topic? A coder? ^^

Comment

• SSSlippy
      • Jan 2006

You should not be modifying the vbulletin.css template. You should be using additional.css. Assuming you are saving your CSS as files it will automatically rewrite all your CSS files in the directory when you save the template.

The only way this would change is if you are running vb optimize which then puts the styles into your cache when you then need to hit flush cache in vb optimize menu. If you are running this mod I recommend you disable it while doing style changes to prevent issues.

Comment

• scarex80
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by SSSlippy
        You should not be modifying the vbulletin.css template. You should be using additional.css. Assuming you are saving your CSS as files it will automatically rewrite all your CSS files in the directory when you save the template.

The only way this would change is if you are running vb optimize which then puts the styles into your cache when you then need to hit flush cache in vb optimize menu. If you are running this mod I recommend you disable it while doing style changes to prevent issues.
        I would like to set body background, which is in vbulletin.css. And i would like to allow my staff to set it (according to our advertising) withount modifing template but using vboptions panel, as they are not good with template and technical stuff.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...