Config.php file

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ENF
    • Apr 2002

That appears to be correct; you'll just need to access your install.php now, enter your customer number from vBulletin and see how everything goes.

It will tell you right away if you have a configuration problem. Otherwise, just click "Next" for each process point.

Eventually, you'll enter your administrator user name and password somewhere towards the end.

You'll need to delete the install.php file from the install folder when you get to the end.

Good Luck.
    To be updated...

Comment

Now I just get an error message each time I go to the forum homepage mymmaforum.com

Everytime I go to this URL the forum shows fine: www.mymmaforum.com/forum.php I'm guessing I have to change something in the directory.

Comment

• ENF
        • Apr 2002

At the time of this post, it's working fine all around for me...

I don't see any error messages..

I'm off for the night, hope everything goes well. Otherwise, someone can pick this up and give you some additional help if needed.
        To be updated...

Comment

• monet
          • Oct 2010
          • 4.0.x

I am following the installation guide readme notepad as well as a Youtube tutorial:

A tutorial showing how to install vBulletin software from scratch

I am stuck, however, at the part where you rename/modify the config.php.new to config.php (upload > includes > config.php.new folder). I get an error message saying it's a read-only file and can't be updated.

I'm using Godaddy hosting (newbie).

How do I fix this? Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...