X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imranbaig
    • Sep 2005
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] Site Hacked - Trying to Restore. ERROR at line 682

Hi, One of my clients website was hacked which was running Vb 4.0.4+ , entire site is wiped out no vb files, no db , no images nothing, except on backup that I had taken before upgrading to 4.0.4 version from VB 3.x, now.

I'm trying to restore this 3Gig size DB, I'm getting error ERROR at line 682: Unknown command '\"'.

Restoring this via ssh, I have increased max_allowed_packet size to 256m.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
    WinkeyFi
  • anthonyparsons
    • Mar 2005

I think you would have to be having this discussion with the host, not here at VB... as the site would have been hacked due to a third party product / server security in general, not the VB software itself... otherwise it would be well known and exploited. The host could restore the DB without issue as root.

Comment

• Micronichos
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by anthonyparsons
      I think you would have to be having this discussion with the host, not here at VB... as the site would have been hacked due to a third party product / server security in general, not the VB software itself... otherwise it would be well known and exploited. The host could restore the DB without issue as root.
      Not neccesarily, lately I'm seeing here much "site hacked" reports here. I'm not saying it must be vB-related, but it's possible that there are some non-public exploits out there.
      I could sell you my unused vB4 Suite license, but I'm not so cruel...

Comment

• ENF
        • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Micronichos
        Not neccesarily, lately I'm seeing here much "site hacked" reports here. I'm not saying it must be vB-related, but it's possible that there are some non-public exploits out there.
        90% or better of the people I've dealt with [so far] had a mis-configured web server (or control panel) that left gaping holes. Which was well documented in the server logs on how people obtained access. Sure, there are some non-public security lapses floating around but this one... doesn't fit the usual MO of random vBulletin lapses. (ala GoDaddy mishaps and the like) - The other 10% were a result of the user not knowing what they were doing, installing a bad plug-in or installing something their 'buddy' gave them.. this is of course outside the lapse of simply updating the core software.

To the OP, what Anthony said basically... plus I'd certainly be checking the server configurations for security if you are restoring to the same location where everything was lost to begin with.
        To be updated...

Comment

• imranbaig
          • Sep 2005
          • 3.6.x

I was asking about how to restore the db which was giving error because attachments are stored in database, which is causing this error.

How Ever I'm able to fix the error and restore the site, without help from VB Team.
          WinkeyFi

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...