Image Size... automatic resizing?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krustyx
    • Jul 2007

[Forum] Image Size... automatic resizing?

Does VB4 have a automatic resizing for pictures?

Because i didnt install anything and my pictures are getting resize if they are bigger than 700 of width.

I don't understand
  • GriZzm0
    • Feb 2005
    • 3.8.x

Edit the "postbit_content_max_image_width" stylevar. I would recommend to use 100% which results in only resizing images that are wider than the users browser.
    OTFans.net Administrator

Comment

• anthonyparsons
      • Mar 2005

I wouldn't recommend 100%, because when the image is larger than the postbit, because visibility hidden is on, it will hide behind the postbit container. If you use a fixed width style, make the setting fixed, as that way it will only ever reduce larger images to fit your postbit, but allow them to still show full screen size based on monitor resolution viewed within when opened in the shadow box.

If you use liquid, then there really is nothing you can do about it from breaking outside the container, whether over it or hidden, if larger than the postbit... unless you use JS to constantly resize it based on the postbit width as it alters. Even that will not work across all browsers and you would still require a visibility hidden degradation.

Comment

• krustyx
        • Jul 2007

Thank you very much guys! I'm using the default vbulletin skin. I will use a image resizer, so i will put 100%, but i just want to give the possibilitie to the user to see the full size image!

Comment

• GriZzm0
          • Feb 2005
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by anthonyparsons
          I wouldn't recommend 100%, because when the image is larger than the postbit, because visibility hidden is on, it will hide behind the postbit container. If you use a fixed width style, make the setting fixed, as that way it will only ever reduce larger images to fit your postbit, but allow them to still show full screen size based on monitor resolution viewed within when opened in the shadow box.

If you use liquid, then there really is nothing you can do about it from breaking outside the container, whether over it or hidden, if larger than the postbit... unless you use JS to constantly resize it based on the postbit width as it alters. Even that will not work across all browsers and you would still require a visibility hidden degradation.
          It uses CSS2 max-width, not width. With 100% the maximum allowed width is the width of the postbit. If you resize your browser the image will resize with it to fit the postbit (as long as it's wider than the postbit). No need for javascripts.
          OTFans.net Administrator

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...