• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dtommy79
    • Jul 2007
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] 403 error when accessing forum.php

Hi,

I get this error when I try to accsess my forum (myforum.com/forum.php)

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum.php on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Every other links work fine

It seems the permission on forum.php just changed into 00 and I'm unable to change it back.

I was deleting a duplicate rss entry when it happened.
    If you would like to see a Mass PM feature in VB please vote for it here
    *Learn Hungarian*
  • TheLastSuperman
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by dtommy79
    Hi,

I get this error when I try to accsess my forum (myforum.com/forum.php)

Every other links work fine

It seems the permission on forum.php just changed into 00 and I'm unable to change it back.

I was deleting a duplicate rss entry when it happened.
    That looks more like a server message versus a vBulletin message...
    • Make sure forum.php is still present on your server.
    • Do you have an .htaccess file setup? If yes then check that for any errors i.e. if you made any recent changes to it.
    • If forum.php is still there simply try overwriting it with a copy of the same file from the same version you have running, you can download a new copy of your same versions .zip file from the members area if you did not retain the file on your PC etc.
    • IF none of that works, can you think of anything else you have done to cause this... simply deleting a duplicate RSS entry should not have done this tbo but if something does come from that and a fix is found related to it, be sure to post that below.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
    Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...