X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sulasno
    • Feb 2010

[Forum] adding a link to the "footer bar"

see attached image

how do I add a link to the bar ? and how do I create the page ?
    Attached Files
    http://sulasno.bravehost.com/android.png
  • borbole
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by sulasno
    see attached image

how do I add a link to the bar ? and how do I create the page ?
    It looks like you are using a custom style. Can you post here the contents of the footer template and tell us where do you want the link to appear?

ABout adding a custom page, have a look at this article:

Comment

• sulasno
      • Feb 2010

the image doesn't belongs to my forum :-)

thanks for the link; will read

Comment

• borbole
        • Feb 2010

the image doesn't belongs to my forum :-)

thanks for the link; will read
        Ah, ok then. To add a custom link to the footer, after the archive link as in the image above, at the footer template find this code:

HTML Code:
        <vb:if condition="$vboptions['archiveenabled']"><li><a href="archive/index.php{vb:raw session.sessionurl_q}">{vb:rawphrase archive}</a></li></vb:if>
        And after it add:

HTML Code:
        <li><a href="full_url_to_customlink">Custom Link</a></li>
        And replace
        Code:
        full_url_to_customlink
        with the actual full url to where you want the link to point to. And replace also
        Code:
        Custom Link
        with whatever word you want to describe the link to your custom page.

The description is hardcoded. If you want you can create a phrase as well and then use the that in the description.

i.e.:

HTML Code:
        <li><a href="full_url_to_customlink">{vb:rawphrase phrasename}</a></li>
        And replace
        Code:
        phrasename
        with the actual name of your custom phrase.

Hope it helps.

Comment

• sulasno
          • Feb 2010

thanks

provided instructions are clear and concise;

but guess I would need to create a page to bring users back to the first page after reading (the newly created page)

Comment

• borbole
            • Feb 2010

thanks

provided instructions are clear and concise;

but guess I would need to create a page to bring users back to the first page after reading (the newly created page)
            You are welcome, glad to have been of help.

Your users can get back to the forum page by clicking the Forum tab in the navbar. Unless I misunderstood what you meant.

Comment

• borbole
              • Feb 2010

I had some free time now and I made a mod out of this so you won''t have to edit the templates manually. I hope it will come in handy to you.

Comment

• sulasno
                • Feb 2010

Comment

• borbole
                  • Feb 2010

No problem

Comment

• HeWatchesOverUs
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by borbole
                    Ah, ok then. To add a custom link to the footer, after the archive link as in the image above, at the footer template find this code:

HTML Code:
                    <vb:if condition="$vboptions['archiveenabled']"><li><a href="archive/index.php{vb:raw session.sessionurl_q}">{vb:rawphrase archive}</a></li></vb:if>
                    And after it add:

HTML Code:
                    <li><a href="full_url_to_customlink">Custom Link</a></li>
                    And replace
                    Code:
                    full_url_to_customlink
                    with the actual full url to where you want the link to point to. And replace also
                    Code:
                    Custom Link
                    with whatever word you want to describe the link to your custom page.

Was able to do this exactly, and it worked out great thank you. But I'm stuck on one simple part that I can't figure out with part of it. On my old Forum (pic A) I was able to have it where my information that I was putting on that page was formated perfect and was centered on the page with breaks as well. Now on my new Forum (pic B) I can't get it to do the same thing and not sure where I'm failing. On the new Forum it's all just in one big paragraph.

I noticed that on my old forum that it was within the .php file. Not sure if I would still do the same thing or what? And if so were to put it and how.Any help on this would be great.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Aug 2002
                      • 5.7.X

How did you add the text to the site in pic B?
                      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• HeWatchesOverUs
                        • Aug 2009
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                        How did you add the text to the site in pic B?

I added it into my Template that I created.

Code:
                        {vb:stylevar htmldoctype}
                        <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="{vb:stylevar textdirection}" lang="{vb:stylevar languagecode}" id="vbulletin_html">
                          <head>
                            <title>{vb:raw vboptions.bbtitle} - {vb:raw pagetitle}</title>
                            {vb:raw headinclude}
                            {vb:raw headinclude_bottom}
                          </head>
                          <body>

{vb:raw header}

{vb:raw navbar}

<div id="pagetitle">
                              <h1>{vb:raw pagetitle}</h1>
                            </div>

<h2 class="blockhead">Terms Of Service</h2>
                            <div class="blockbody">
                              <div class="blockrow">
                                Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use 
                        1. Terms 
                        By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law. 
                        2. Use License 
                        a.	Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Christian Forum Cafe's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not: 
                        i.	modify or copy the materials; 
                        ii.	use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial); 
                        iii.	attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Christian Forum Cafe's web site; 
                        iv.	remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or 
                        v.	transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server. 
                        b.	This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Christian Forum Cafe at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format. 
                        3. Disclaimer 
                        a.	The materials on Christian Forum Cafe's web site are provided "as is". Christian Forum Cafe makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Christian Forum Cafe does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site. 
                        4. Limitations 
                        In no event shall Christian Forum Cafe or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Christian Forum Cafe's Internet site, even if Christian Forum Cafe or a Christian Forum Cafe authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you. 
                        5. Revisions and Errata 
                        The materials appearing on Christian Forum Cafe's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Christian Forum Cafe does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Christian Forum Cafe may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Christian Forum Cafe does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials. 
                        6. Links 
                        Christian Forum Cafe has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Christian Forum Cafe of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk. 
                        7. Site Terms of Use Modifications 
                        Christian Forum Cafe may revise these terms of use for its web site at any time without notice. By using this web site you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms and Conditions of Use. 
                        8. Governing Law 
                        Any claim relating to Christian Forum Cafe's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflict of law provisions. 
                        General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site. 

</div>
                            </div>

{vb:raw footer}
                          </body>
                        </html>

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                          vBulletin Support
                          • Aug 2002
                          • 5.7.X

You need to add paragraph or line break tags to get it to parse correctly
                          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...