X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nerdstomper
    • Aug 2010
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] How to integrate vBulletin features into an external site

I have a web site I'm building and the client wants to have features from vBulletin (blog, forums) integrated into the site. Its not enough to simply add the sites skin to vBulletin. Is there a way to do this?

I would expect there to be documentation on how, if it is possible, to do such a thing but haven't been able to find anything.

I'd rather not connect and query the vBulletin database directly.
  • renep
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

I think your spec is unclear. Skinning vB is not enough, I guess vB in an iframe in the site would also not be enough.

But what would be enough? What does "features from vBulletin integrated into the site" mean exactly?
    "The lurking suspicion that something could be simplified is the world's richest source of rewarding challenges"
    - Edsger Dijkstra

Comment

• nerdstomper
      • Aug 2010
      • 4.0.x

I want to be able to integrate blog posts on a few pages as well as show the number of comments. I also want to be able to use the forums for comments under certain pages.

You're right that an iFrame wouldn't be ideal.

Comment

• setishock
        • Jun 2005
        • 4.2.x

RSS feed perhaps?

Comment

• nerdstomper
          • Aug 2010
          • 4.0.x

Thanks setishock. I think that is what I'm looking for. Specifically, external.php and blog_external.php.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...