Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hank
    • Feb 2004

[Forum] Registrations Without Admin Approval

I have searched for a resolution already in this forum, but have been unable to locate.

If already addressed - A link to the solution would be much appreciated.

I have phony users cruising right on through to being registered WITHOUT my approval in the "List users awaiging moderation" queue.

I want EVERY registration to be in the queue to be approved. Please advise where I can set something to stop the vermin from getting in
  • nakedanvil
    • Mar 2010

Just to be clear: you have in AdminCP > options > user registration options > moderate new members set to "yes" and they are getting without moderation?

Comment

• Hank
      • Feb 2004

That is correct - Moderate New Members = Yes

That is correct - Moderate New Members = Yes

Click image for larger version

Name:	MNU-Yes.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	3679971

And I still have many users per day (bogus fake registrations) cruising right in to be ing registered.

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
        • Sep 2008

What else have you done to your site recently... anything in terms of new mods, customizing in some way or?

Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
        Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• nakedanvil
          • Mar 2010

First, I don't think there is an option for "admin approval" only moderation. Is it possible a moderator is approving them? Have you checked your logs?

Comment

• Videx
            • Jan 2007

And at least institute a q&a to block the bots while you try to figure it out.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...