Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Break Media
    • May 2010

[Forum] FB connect in 4.06 - custom usernames

I couldn't find any other posts relating to this but I am sure it's been covered.

When a user first registers on my forum using Facebook connect, how do I make it so they can use a customer username instead of their real name? This way they can still use FB connect to quickly register but be able to employ a username instead of their real name.

Thanks
  • BeerLuver
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.7.x

I am curious about this same issue as well. Several people on my forums complained about this; and i had to either manually change it for them, or they went & registered normally themselves.. which resulted in two accounts. That's something I wish to avoid entirely. So I'm 'bumping' Break Media's thread here so hopefully someone can address this issue for us please .

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

If they register with FB, then they it will use the FB name. If they do not want that, then they can register a new account the old way using whatever name they want, then connect that account to their Facebook account.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...