how to change encoding from windows-1255 to utf-8?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBF
    • Dec 2006
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] how to change encoding from windows-1255 to utf-8?

hi,
    i want to convert my forum encoding from windows-1255 to windows-1255 (a full convert, include database).
    there is any way to do it?

thanks!
    פורומים | קהילת פורומים | פורום | סאמפ | SAMP | GTA
  • renep
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

Yes, but you have to convert the MySQL database outside of vBulletin (dump data and schema, edit schema, convert data with iconv, recreate database, create schema, import data). Then you have to set $config['Mysqli']['charset'] in config.php, your http header etc.
    "The lurking suspicion that something could be simplified is the world's richest source of rewarding challenges"
    - Edsger Dijkstra

Comment

• vikris
      • Jan 2010
      • 4.0.x

Can you provide some sort of short tutorial about this? Thanks!
      http://www.zazdravje.com.mk

Comment

• Daniel.P
        • Apr 2008
        • 4.0.x

mysqldump -u root -p --opt --default-character-set=latin1 --ignore-table=vbulletin_db.customavatar --ignore-table=vbulletin_db.customprofilepic --ignore-table=vbulletin_db.picture --ignore-table=vbulletin_db.socialgroupicon --ignore-table=vbulletin_db.socialgrouppicture vbulletin_db > vbulletin_db.sql

mysqldump -u root -p --opt --default-character-set=latin1 vbulletin_db customavatar customprofilepic picture sigpic socialgroupicon socialgrouppicture > vbulletin_db_images.sql

iconv -c -f windows-1255 -t utf-8 vbulletin_db.sql > vbulletin_db_utf8.sql

mysql -u root -p DROP DATABASE vbulletin_db;
        CREATE DATABASE vbulletin_db CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

mysql -u root -p --max_allowed_packet=1024M < vbulletin_db.sql

try this, recommended on test server.
        born to fish forced to work

Comment

• vikris
          • Jan 2010
          • 4.0.x

Thanks daniel, I'll try this.
          http://www.zazdravje.com.mk

Comment

• BBF
            • Dec 2006
            • 3.6.x

i converted my vbulletin successfully, but in some pages i get errors like:
            Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/functions_user.php on line 808

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/functions_user.php on line 808

or

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/adminfunctions_profilefield.php on line 242

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/adminfunctions_profilefield.php on line 242

how can i fix it?
            פורומים | קהילת פורומים | פורום | סאמפ | SAMP | GTA

Comment

• renep
              • Aug 2005
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by renep
              you have to convert the MySQL database outside of vBulletin
              Since I posted this, I've learned that it's not recommended en not supported to convert an existing database this way, because of serialized data in certain fields. Sorry.
              "The lurking suspicion that something could be simplified is the world's richest source of rewarding challenges"
              - Edsger Dijkstra

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...