• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • southeastsxs
    • Jul 2010
    • 4.0.x

[CMS] Default Page

Hi all,

I have my full CMS suite installed in the root of my domain however I have created a page called welcome.htm.

Right now when someone visits my site they go right to the CMS new page, index.php

How do I make welcome.htm my default page. I also use VBSEO 3.5 with my vBul4.04 suite.

Many Thanks
    vBulletin - v4.0.4u1 (CMS), GoDaddy Hosting, Linux OS, MY SQL Database

Addons:- vBH Add New Tabs 1.2, Forum Category Icons Advanced 1.2.4, Mini Photo Edit 1.0.1, VBadvanced CMPS 4.0.1, VSa Advanced New Posts 3.0.2, VSa Advanced Registration 2.0.1
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Have you looked into using .htaccess to do this? It is probably one of the easier ways to do this.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• southeastsxs
      • Jul 2010
      • 4.0.x

I have indeed thought about it but have no idea how to write it LOL. While I can work stuff out with a GUI, I am no coder. I am trying to learn though. I am using a htaccess file for VBSEO but they set that up as they had problems getting my VBSEO to work.

Do you know the line a of code that needs to be added? I am with godaddy an I understand they can be a pain with this stuff.

Addons:- vBH Add New Tabs 1.2, Forum Category Icons Advanced 1.2.4, Mini Photo Edit 1.0.1, VBadvanced CMPS 4.0.1, VSa Advanced New Posts 3.0.2, VSa Advanced Registration 2.0.1

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

I'm a trial and error coder, so I can't write the exact code for you, but google has lots on redirect and htaccess, like this:How do I redirect my site using a .htaccess file?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• vB Style
          • Sep 2008
          • 5.5.x

Use this:
          Code:
          DirectoryIndex welcome.html welcome.htm index.html index.htm index.php index.cgi

Comment

• southeastsxs
            • Jul 2010
            • 4.0.x

Hey thanks guys, I really appreciate the help. Sjould I use that code in its entirety and will it still work with my VBSEO setup?

I know these questions seem obvious but I am learning so please bear with me.

Comment

• vB Style
              • Sep 2008
              • 5.5.x

Put it at beginning of your .htaccess file.
              It should work without problems with vBSEO.

Comment

• southeastsxs
                • Jul 2010
                • 4.0.x

Thanks so much, I will give it a try.

Comment

• southeastsxs
                  • Jul 2010
                  • 4.0.x

Ok so I tried it and it worked great with one problem, even if I have the "enter site" link pointing to southeastsxs.com/index.php it still brings me be back welcome.htm. I removed the lines you added for index.php to see if that was the problem but no good.

Would it be better if I posted my htaccess file contents for you to see? or is it a simple answer?

Many Thanks,

Comment