X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • creativepart
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.8.x

[CMS] Avatar not showing in Recent Post Widget on CMS Homepage

I'm running 4.0.5 with the CMS in site root and forum in /forum.

I have a Recent posts widget set up in the CMS on the homepage and on the Fourm index page. Avatars show in the widget on Forum index but the URL is broken in the widget on the CMS Homepage.

It doesn't seem to be a path issue. The image file name is incorrect.

Instead of /customavatars/avatar18_1.jpg which is the correct name, it's missing the "1" after the underscore and showing the file name as /customavatars/avatar18_.jpg.

Any idea why this would be wrong? It's doing it for ALL members.

EDIT: I just noticed the whole formatting is off for the Recent Posts Widget on the CMS Homepage.
    Last edited by creativepart; Tue 3 Aug '10, 1:32pm. Reason: added info
  • creativepart
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.8.x

Anyone? No one?

Sure would appreciate the help.

Comment

• creativepart
      • Jan 2006
      • 3.8.x

accidental post sorry.
      Last edited by creativepart; Wed 4 Aug '10, 7:54pm.

Comment

• creativepart
        • Jan 2006
        • 3.8.x

Got the Answer when I filed a bug report:

Comment

• dprice
          • Oct 2001

Not to hijack your thread, but I am getting an active hyperlink with the username instead of the Avatar. Just tried to modify the php codes as discussed in the bug report with no success. Has anyone else encountered this in 4.05?

Comment

• creativepart
            • Jan 2006
            • 3.8.x

Did you modify both Recent Threads and Recent Posts widgets? Perhaps you only modified one, and your widget is using the other???

When I modified the file as detailed in the bug report it worked fine.

You might check your path's. See what the photo properties are for the missing image.

Comment

• dprice
              • Oct 2001

Originally posted by creativepart
              Did you modify both Recent Threads and Recent Posts widgets? Perhaps you only modified one, and your widget is using the other???

When I modified the file as detailed in the bug report it worked fine.

You might check your path's. See what the photo properties are for the missing image.
              To be honest, I haven't modified the Recent Forum Posts Widget (RFPW) nor the Recent Blog Posts Widget (RBPW). Both are standard out of the box, however, the RBPW populates the avatars whereas the RFPW do not. RFPW only shows a hyperlink of the user's name next to the post highlights. Where should I check the paths?

Comment

• creativepart
                • Jan 2006
                • 3.8.x

Sorry, you don't modify the widgets but the recentthreads.php and the recentposts.php.

Look in the page source and see what the URL is for the missing images. See if it's a valid path.

Comment

• dprice
                  • Oct 2001

Thank you... I will take a look.

But, since I haven't made any changes to the out of the box widgets, I think it has something to do with the avatars that are showing being pulled from Facebook. When I initially made the test posts, I was connected with my facebook account and it looks like the old avatar from my facebook profile page is associated with some of those posts and it gives me reason to believe that VB stored those in the customavatars folder. I then unlinked my facebook account and just logged in with my admin account (no avatar) and I believe that is what is populating in the current post. VBCMS will be great once I figure everything out!

Comment

• creativepart
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 3.8.x

I'm confused now. Facebook? I thought you were taking about VB Avatars, not Facebook Avatars. I'm sorry by you lost me totally. This thread was about VB avatars not showing on the CMS in the recent post widget.

Comment

• dprice
                      • Oct 2001

Sorry..I just realized in my last post that the avatars that ARE showing are from FB and not VB. Again, still figuring my way around here and didnt realize that the two were different up until my last post when you told me what to start looking for.

Comment

• dprice
                        • Oct 2001

But I did have a few posts that were originally with VB avatars...and they showed up fine up until the account was linked with FB, and now the avatars just show up as links as mentioned above in the RFPW..AND the profile avatar in VB is still showing the same avatar that the RFPW once shown. I tried re-indexing/rebuilding etc in admincp with no success. Since the documentation with VBCMS is so great, most of this stuff has to get figured out by trial and error and through other users. I am slowly getting there..

Comment

• stonepilot
                          • Apr 2006
                          • 4.1.x

Thanks for posting the bug report link.

Assume this will be fixed in 4.0.6?
                          sigpic
                          Life is just a Big Skid

Comment

• nymyth
                            • Jun 2002

I'm still having troubles with my recent blog posts not showing the avatar on the CMS page...it keeps doubling up my forum url and no word on the ticket i submitted either...
                            IT'S WHERE THE NET COMES TO LOITER!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...