X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crazyfruitbat
    • Mar 2009
    • 3.8.x

[CMS] CMS Permissions

Am I missing a button that allows me to select all of my sections and do all the permissions in one go?

Since the recent upgrades it has screwed with my permissions over and over again and I have to go through every section and tick all those bloody boxes. I wouldn't mind if I had 5 sections but I have 24 for my setup. So that would mean me clicking 1,584 tick boxes.

Please tell me that there is a way to duplicate all these things for CMS because its driving me insane.
    My site: www.sanctuary4gamers.com My Twitter and if you like video games, my podcast (itunes)
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

If you just set the permissions in the top, then they will be inherited by all the sections under there. If the section has a Gold Lock next to it, then there are specific permissions set for that Section and any section under it without a Gold Lock will inherit the permissions.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• crazyfruitbat
      • Mar 2009
      • 3.8.x

Hi Lynne, this isn't working for me.

This is what I get if I use the main section permission - because the entire thing is not reading from the main section - if I don't go through and add a custom permission to all sections it means that nobody can view anything - why isn't there a 'copy permissions' button.
      My site: www.sanctuary4gamers.com My Twitter and if you like video games, my podcast (itunes)

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

I see that page just fine. :/

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• nakedanvil
          • Mar 2010

Any sections with gold locks will not inherit. If you revert the the sections with gold locks, then they will.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...