• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BiZiMDiYaR
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] cleanup database

Hi,

I want to transfer my forum to a new site, but also want to clean out the database with all the unnessecary info. I was thinking of importing with Impex, but that doesn't allow import from vb4 to vb4... I just want my users and my threads transfered... is there anything that this can be automated done ?

What are the best steps on the transfer, but focus is more on the cleanup of the database, due to a lot of modules have added info in it, which I don't need anymore, which have a lot of MB data inside it.

Also, is it good to have the attachments also in the database.. ? anybody got an idea ? I think to have them on file, is better...

Thanks.

p.s. if there is nothing automated for this, would be a hell of an addon to make
  • BiZiMDiYaR
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.6.x

btw, is this an option also.. ?

first downgrade to 3.8 with impex and then again upgrade to VB4 ? Would this clean out the database... ?

Comment

• borbole
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by BiZiMDiYaR
      btw, is this an option also.. ?

first downgrade to 3.8 with impex and then again upgrade to VB4 ? Would this clean out the database... ?
      I wouldn''t advice it. If you want to clean the db, then use this tool after upgrading to vb 4x.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...