Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alan92rttt
    • Jan 2003

[CMS] Section widget modification

I want to modify the contents of the section widget. I have found the code I'd want to change in sectionnavext.php.

But, I don't want to make the change there are it would make upgrades harder.

My thought was to modify the template where the getPageView() function from the file is called but I can't find it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

In case anyone is wondering I want to add specific content pages to the section nav.
  • Edwin Brown
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2009
    • 5.5.x

The getPageView() function is called in the controller, not in a template. You definitely don't want to edit that. It's very difficult to answer your question without knowing what you want to do. Generally I would discourage people from changing the section widget- that's got some pretty complex javascript. If you absolutely have to add something to that then you're going to have to do some combination of (1) finding a hook you can use and creating a plugin, and (2) making a template that can render the results.
    Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

• alan92rttt
      • Jan 2003

What I want is to have a link on the section nav that will take the user directly to a content page rather then the Generic page that displays section headers.

I tried copying the resulting html from the section widget and making a new widget from that but the CSS does not come out right and I missed some of the Javascript. I could easy modify the SQL to gather the few pages I want added but then I have to do that each time I upgrade the forum.

Comment

• scubasteve3
        • Jun 2011
        • 4.1.x

Hi Alan, were you able to figure this out? I am also interested in something similar. I am trying to show the section header titles on the main content page. So it should look as follows:
        Front Page:
        1. Section 1
        A. Article 1
        B. Article 2
        2. Section 2
        A. Article 1
        B. Article 2
        Last edited by scubasteve3; Thu 9 Jun '11, 11:09am.

Comment

• alan92rttt
          • Jan 2003

I just made my own widget and hard coded the HTML. I never got the javascript to work the way the stock on does but I get the functionality I needed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...