Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Uptown559
    • May 2010

[Forum] Log In Issues

Most all my users have an issue that every time we log in, we get the "Thank you for logging in screen" then takes us back to the forum home page as a guest. We have to click a link before it catches on that we are logged in, but this is awfully deterring to new members who may not be familiar with forums and may cause them to leave.
  • Uptown559
    • May 2010

I realize that there are other threads on this but I've tried the suggested and its not working. Can someone please tell me what to do?

Comment

• R1lover
      • Apr 2006
      • 3.8.x

Tell them to use www.domain.com on both the portal/cms and the forum. if they use domain.com it's a different cookie.
      www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

• aussiefooty
        • Nov 2008
        • 6.0.X

Sounds like it is a major cookie concern here.
        Depending upon what browser you guys are using to clear your cookies please follow these steps.
        In your browser: Tools > Internet Options > Clear cookies > Yes > Click save > Click the red x in top right hand corner > Double click browser
        Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
        Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• fdifranco
          • Dec 2008
          • 3.5.x

I had the same problems too until I edited my .htaccess folder with the following:

# cat .htaccess
          RewriteEngine On
          RewriteBase /
          RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www.<yourdomain>.com$ [NC]
          RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.<yourdomain>.com/$1 [L,R=301]

This redirects everyone to www.yourdomain.com even if they only type the yourdomain.com it solves alot of your problems. Just make sure that you have "AllowOverride All" in your httpd.conf file (assuming that you are using Apache).

-fab

Comment

• rootsxrocks
            • Aug 2009
            • 4.2.X

I have had this issue everytime I do an update, members have to log in several times before it "sticks" eventually it works out (or members stop trying to log in)
            Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

• mjda
              • Aug 2010
              • 5.5.x

I'm actually having this same issue, but with only 1 member. His power went out and when he got it all back on he's unable to log in. He gets the login success screen, but is then taken to the forum home page as a guest. He has tried clearing his cookies, with no success. Is there anything that someone can suggest I have him do so we can get him logged back in again?
              Trading Card Forum | Trading Card Values

Comment

• rootsxrocks
                • Aug 2009
                • 4.2.X

have him try a different browser, and also run a malware check
                Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...