Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • designeru
    • May 2009
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] VBulletin paging - pretty silly?

Well hello again,

I was searching for a way to list the first page, the 10th page and the last 3-4 pages of a topic... but i think it's impossible. In my opinion showing the first 1-2-3-...-X pages + 10th page + last one is a dumb but easy approach. Just think a little bit... if i have 200 pages in a topic opened ages ago, nobody will read the first 1-2-3 pages... right? More interested the readers will be in the last 4-3-2 (thinking that we have only 4) pages. Well, maybe this is just my opinion...

Anyway, the question is: is it possible to show only the last 4-3-2 pages of a topic? If not, what can i do in order to be possible? (eg. open change request somewhere or get a PHP developer to change the VBulletin sources, etc?)

Thank you,
    Stefan.
  • Loco.M
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.5.x

you can increase the paging so it shows the last 51,52,53,54,55 ect... pages
    vs just last 53,52,51 pages
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• designeru
      • May 2009
      • 3.8.x

indeed... if you have only one topic with only 50 pages... but if you have 1,000 topics with 50-60-100-200-1,000 pages?

Comment

• feldon23
        • Nov 2001
        • 3.7.x

I don't understand your request. You want to make it IMPOSSIBLE for users to get to pages 1-996 of a 1,000 page thread?

Yeah, I don't think this feature will be implemented any time soon.

Comment

• MR K
          • Dec 2006

i use this product onto my board ... maybe it helps something ...

Comment

• feldon23
            • Nov 2001
            • 3.7.x

designeru,

You did not indicate you want to change this on FORUMHOME. That's a different story and as you say, only displays 1-6 or whatever with no last pages. There is this icon ( ) which takes the user to the last post, but I can understand wanting to go to the last page.

I think MR K's link will solve your problem.

Comment