X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TANKSALOT
    • Jul 2010
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] Custom Avatars

I have several users that do not see the "Cumtom Avatar" option when changing the Avatar setting.
    Other see it with no problem.

I have checked the permissions and everyone is checked to able to have a custom Avatar.

Thanks for the help.

Steve Kinnaird
  • Jimmy D. Giles
    • Aug 2003

Ditto here as well; what's up with the avatars?

Please explain in minute detail how a new user who is dumb as a post implements an avatar.

Comment

• Ramsesx
      • Aug 2005
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Jimmy D. Giles
      Ditto here as well; what's up with the avatars?

Please explain in minute detail how a new user who is dumb as a post implements an avatar.
      A browser issue maybe? Or is your question how to add an avatar?

Comment

• Jimmy D. Giles
        • Aug 2003

Yes, how to add an avatar as communicated to a Certified Idiot, i.e., New User.

Comment

• Ramsesx
          • Aug 2005
          • 3.8.x

Simply point him to the faq explaining avatars?
          Signatures, Avatars and Profile Pictures

What are signatures?

'Signatures' contain information that you want to include at the bottom of all your posts. This might include pictures, links to your site(s), quotes, etc.

What are avatars?

Avatars are small images that people use to identify or distinguish themselves to other forum members. In some cases the administrator will not allow avatars or only allow them for specific members. The administrator can also provide some stock avatars people can use, or they can allow members to upload their own custom avatars from their own computers. These avatars will be displayed as part of the user info in posts, as well as in the public profile.

What are profile pictures?

Profile Pictures are photos members can upload that will display in their public member profile. This option may or may not be enabled by the administrator.

How do I set signatures, avatars and profile pictures?

You can set and change your signature, avatar and profile picture in the User Control Panel (providing the administrator has made these options available).

For signatures, click on 'Edit Signature' under the 'Settings and Options' area of the navigation bar within the User CP.

To select an existing or upload a new avatar, click on 'Edit Avatar'.

To upload a profile picture, click on 'Edit Profile Picture' in the 'Your Profile' section.

Comment

• Jimmy D. Giles
            • Aug 2003

Thank you!

Comment

• Jimmy D. Giles
              • Aug 2003

I posted the FAQ link and a New User responded:
              When I go to edit avatar from the link you provide it says and am not logged in, and it will not accept my password. Obviously I am logged in and when I go to "settings" edit avatar it shows a box which is checked saying use no avatar, and it cannot be unchecked. I have seen this exact same thing in another forum. There is something further you must do on your end or we will never have avatars. When you do it a new box will appear for us under the box that is checked "use no avatar". The new box will enable us to proceed.

Comment

• Ramsesx
                • Aug 2005
                • 3.8.x

If you could activate my new account (Ramses) on your site I could do a test Jim.
                Edit, ok I see in settings what your member mean, you need to go into your acp usergroupsettings and select registered members and give the right permission for custom avatar settings.

Comment

• Jimmy D. Giles
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Ramsesx
                  If you could activate my new account (Ramses) on your site I could do a test Jim.
                  Edit, ok I see in settings what your member mean, you need to go into your acp usergroupsettings and select registered members and give the right permission for custom avatar settings.
                  I made the change you suggested. Thank you again!

Comment

• Ramsesx
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 3.8.x

Glad I could help you Jim.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...