• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darren1981
    • Oct 2007
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] SPAMM is killing me, please help

Hey...

My website: Battlefield 3 is getting smashed with spam.. it would seem some knob has put my site into some backlink list... i am ready to kill these TOOLS right now.. ive spend the last hour banning ip's but it would seem most of them are on dynamic ip's which is making it hard to control. For the record my site is rel="nofollow" but it's seems these amateur webmasters overlooked this factor, they are not even posting just creating accounts in the hope their member name gets indexed...

What can be done to stop this... ??????

I would really like to disable signature links completely for the "Registered User" group, and allow them for a new group, which i can manually assign them to after they ask nicely and provided it's a clean link.

Can anyone please shed some light on this.. i really don't want the "Edit Signature" to show up at all in the User CP for registered users ?? is this possible ??

Any advice on this topic is / will be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Darren
  • birdie
    • Aug 2004

It the low lifes from places like Warrior Forums that promote this method. They some how rationalize this as being a legitimate link building technique for *their* websites.

Just create a new registered user group that you move the "good" group to

Comment

• darren1981
      • Oct 2007
      • 4.0.x

Just annoying this piss out of me, i have sites i need to rank well, but as i am an honest / decent guy in general, i do actually use linking methods which i consider respectable, one shouldn't have to spend hours each day cleaning up rubbish...

Why is there no option to remove the "Edit Signature" under the UserCP <---- if i could hack that up somehow then i would, but i don't even know what template to start hacking up

Comment

• Mike4Kayla
        • Feb 2010
        • 4.1.x

There is a link on the 3.6 or 3.8 forums how to prevent spam etc like un wanted emails, addon Fields you should take a look may help.

Comment

• rajubd
          • Apr 2009
          • 4.1.x

go to user group manager then edit registared member signature permission.
          MobilePhoneTalk.Com - Mobile Phone Community Powered By EuroVPS.Com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...