When my 3.x expires, does my 4.x expire?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LGKeiz
    • Jul 2007

[Forum] When my 3.x expires, does my 4.x expire?

vBulletin 3.x Forum (Owned); expires: Jul 24th '10;

but I'm a owned license owner, I was wondering will I still be able to download and receive updates for 4.x?

Thanks.
  • Teddi
    • Oct 2009
    • 3.8.x

Access to future vB4 updates expire yes. You can still download what you currently have access to though.

Comment

• calorie
      • May 2003

With a vB3 owned license, you can run the software forever - that doesn't end. The listed expiration is for your access to the download new versions from the member area. You will be able to continue to run the version of vB that existed when your license expired for as long as you want.

Comment

• LGKeiz
        • Jul 2007

Yes, but I won't be able to install any new updates for vb4, am I right?

Comment

• calorie
          • May 2003

Correct, you will have access to those versions available to you prior to expiry.

Comment

• LGKeiz
            • Jul 2007

I though my upgrade from vb3 to vb4 was free, and I though you get all the updates for vb4 until vb5 comes out, then you gotta pay a upgrade fee >.<;

Comment

• melbo
              • Apr 2005
              • 3.8.x

No, Upgrade from vB3 to vB4 costs an upgrade fee and then you get to keep updating vB4 until vB5. That's what all the buzz was about in late 2009 when the presales on the upgrade expired. I don't know what it costs these days but if you log into the members area and view the cart to upgrade, you'll see how much it will be.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...