X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Olivier Turbis
    • Dec 2009

[Forum] Updating templates... merger and stuff

Hi,

Can someone please explain to me how does this work exactly?

1- I upraded my forum from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4
    2- My templates obviously have things to change in them:
    There are currently 135 customized template(s) that need to be updated or reverted. Some sections of vBulletin may not function if you do not do this!

Click here to view these templates!
    So I clicked on that CLICK HERE TO VIEW THESE CHANGES.
    3- I clicked on any template that has to be modified (for example: forumhome_forumbit_level1_post)
    4- The File merger tells me this:
    Your Customized Value <vb:if condition="$show['member']"><vb:if condition="$show['forumsubscription']"><li class="forumactionlink unsubslink"> <a href="subscription.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=removesubscription&amp;f={vb:raw forum.forumid}" title="{vb:rawphrase unsubscribe_from_this_forum}">{vb:rawphrase unsubscribe_from_this_forum}</a></li><vb:else /><li class="forumactionlink subslink"> <a href="subscription.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=addsubscription&amp;f={vb:raw forum.forumid}" title="{vb:rawphrase subscribe_to_this_forum}">{vb:rawphrase subscribe_to_this_forum}</a></li></vb:if></vb:if>
    </ul>

Old Default Value <vb:if condition="$show['member']"><vb:if condition="$show['forumsubscription']"><li class="forumactionlink unsubslink"> <a href="subscription.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=removesubscription&amp;f={vb:raw forum.forumid}" title="{vb:rawphrase unsubscribe_from_this_forum}">{vb:rawphrase unsubscribe_from_this_forum}</a></li><vb:else /><li class="forumactionlink subslink"> <a href="subscription.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=addsubscription&amp;f={vb:raw forum.forumid}" title="{vb:rawphrase subscribe_to_this_forum}">{vb:rawphrase subscribe_to_this_forum}</a></li></vb:if></vb:if></vb:if>
    </ul>

New Default Value <vb:if condition="$show['member']"><vb:if condition="$show['forumsubscription']"><li class="forumactionlink unsubslink"> <a href="subscription.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=removesubscription&amp;f={vb:raw forum.forumid}" title="{vb:rawphrase unsubscribe_from_this_forum}">{vb:rawphrase unsubscribe_from_this_forum}</a></li><vb:else /><li class="forumactionlink subslink"> <a href="subscription.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=addsubscription&amp;f={vb:raw forum.forumid}" title="{vb:rawphrase subscribe_to_this_forum}">{vb:rawphrase subscribe_to_this_forum}</a></li></vb:if></vb:if>
    </vb:if></ul>
    So I went ahead and replaced all the content from "YOUR CUSTOMIZED VALUE" to the content of "NEW DEFAULT VALUE". Then I hit "SAVE" to save the template bit, and I get this message:
    adding child to non-existent node!
    So I'm not sure I understand. I copied and pasted the supposedly *CORRECT DEFAULT CODE* to the template bit and it doesn't work.

Thanks.
    Skinbox - Quality & Cheap vBulletin 4 skins
  • snakes1100
    • Aug 2001

If you have no major coding changes, i would click the revert button in the main style and revert them all at once, download a backup of your current style.

Its most likely caused by a old if condition your using in that template, that came from a older version of vb.
    Gentoo Geek

Comment

• Olivier Turbis
      • Dec 2009

I have major coding changes.

Comment

• Olivier Turbis
        • Dec 2009

Also is it normal that "yellow" changes say they was "successfully added to the template" but they are not?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...