How do I edit user messages and other forum content?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lfreem2
    • Jul 2010

[Forum] How do I edit user messages and other forum content?

Have version 4.0.

On my forum home page, I want to get rid of the line below the header that says:

Welcome to the [Forum Name]

I also want to delete the little house icon and the word Forum next to it. Where can I do these things?

Also, where can I edit all those user messages that go out, like the welcome emails and such?

Thanks in advance!
  • icarusforde
    • Feb 2009
    • 3.8.x

Welcome to the forum name: search your phrases for 'Welcome To The' and it should come up with three things, the one you want is the global phrase entitled 'welcome_to_the_x'

Edit this to just have a space or similar, leaving it blank will revert to normal phrase.

On the house & forum home thing - that's part of your breadcrumbs, you'd have to edit that out in any template that uses them.

Comment

• lfreem2
      • Jul 2010

Ok, you didn't really answer my question, but led me on the right path. I was looking for how to DELETE entirely, the welcome_to_the_x statement. I can see how to edit it, but not remove it.

As for the editing the user messages, for anyone else that wants to know, on your user CP you head to the Language Manager, click on the Edit/Translate English (US) Phrases link and then find the area you want to edit.

In this area, I could edit out the welcome to the x line.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...