Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davide101
    • Feb 2006

[Forum] EMERGENCY - Can't Revert to Master Style

I attempted to import vbulletin-style.xml into a new style and it crashed with an error. Now the MASTER STYLE is blank. I tried to use tools.php to re-import the default style but get this error:
    Code:
    <!-- Database error in vBulletin 4.0.4:  Invalid SQL:                  UPDATE vb_template                 SET styleid = -10 WHERE styleid = -1 AND (product = 'vbulletin' OR  product = '');  MySQL Error   : Duplicate entry 'blog_comment--10-template' for key 2 Error Number  : 1062
    I desperately need help getting this revolved. Any advice?

EDIT:
    • Nothing appears under Style Chooser - it's totally blank.
    • When I go to edit a template, it says this above the edit box: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/admincp/css.php on line 445
    • When I rebuild styles, I get this error: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/adminfunctions_template.php on line 1162
      (CSS)
      Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/adminfunctions_template.php on line 1205
      (Controls) Done.
    David Edelman
    Diabetes DailyDiabetes Forumtwitter.com/davidtalkdavidedelman.com
  • icarusforde
    • Feb 2009
    • 3.8.x

Try going to vB.org and downloading any vB4 style and installing that - see if that helps.

Also, disable plugins/products globally in config.php - might not do anything, but then again, it might, and it can't hurt.

Comment

• davide101
      • Feb 2006

Thanks for your response, icarusforde. I just figured it on. I used phpMyAdmin to go to the vb_templates table and removed the blog_comment where styleid=-10. Once that was gone, I was able to import vbulletin-style.xml using tools.php. And so ends the most stressful hour in the 5 years I've been running vBulletin. I really thought I had thoroughly hosed my style.
      David Edelman
      Diabetes DailyDiabetes Forumtwitter.com/davidtalkdavidedelman.com

Comment

• icarusforde
        • Feb 2009
        • 3.8.x

Haha, no problems. Good to hear you got it worked out!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...