Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricko
    replied
    Originally posted by Harv
    What images Cricko? Can't see much from this end as your forum is closed, but the 3 or 4 images that load seem ok - also colors, gradients etc. coming through.

by path fields I meant bburl - Ace answered that part far better.
    OKay, thanks again guys.

What's still extremely puzzling is that, earlier today it looked exactly like the vBulletin.com board we're looking at now. One minute it was working, the next it was the sorry state it's in right now. The image path seems to have cleared up some of that issue but all the styling seems wrong. If you go into one of my forums (here), it seems to hang together a little better, but the main forums listing page (here) is all over the place which suggests to me a CSS problem???

As I say, one minute it looked like this forum, the next it looked like the sorry efforts on the attached links.

Leave a comment:

• Harv
    replied
    What images Cricko? Can't see much from this end as your forum is closed, but the 3 or 4 images that load seem ok - also colors, gradients etc. coming through.

by path fields I meant bburl - Ace answered that part far better.

Leave a comment:

• Cricko
    replied
    He must have checked - loads correctly now from here...
    I hadn't until Ace mentioned it a second time. But, as you note, it's looking better so the right suggestion. I like the sound of yours too. Just need to work out how to do what you've suggested. I'm doing my best to be technically proficient but there's some poetic license involved!!

Leave a comment:

• Cricko
    replied
    All of your image paths seem to have "forum.php" appended to them for some reason. Right click where an image should be and choose "image properties" or "view image" if using firefox.

For example - here is the url to your logo image:

remove /forum.php and the image loads. Check your path fields and possibly stylevar imagepaths... not sure what would cause this to happen.
    Originally posted by Ace
    Your bburl is incorrect in your Settings. It should not include a trailing slash or a php filename, it should be the directory that your forum files live in.
    THAT seems to have brought the forums back to life (great news!!) but I still seem to have the issue with the images.

Showing myself up here now, but how do I check/fix the "path fields and stylevar imagepaths..."

Thanks again guys.

Leave a comment:

• Harv
    replied
    Originally posted by Ace
    So.. did you check your bburl setting?
    He must have checked - loads correctly now from here...

Leave a comment:

• Cricko
    replied
    Originally posted by Ace
    Sorry. Somehow I saw the post from Andy but missed the others. Seems like we're on to something so I'll go check. Thanks everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cricko
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy
    Do you have any plugins?

Do you have any custom styles?
    Yes. All the plugins were deactivated and still are.

Custom styles. On vB3 we had loads. When I go into the Style Manager, the current selection is "VB4 Default Style" (checked/ticked) while "Default Style (vB3 Style - incompatible) is unchecked/unticked. When I then look at "All style options", the new vb4 styles have been set in the header, head include and footer. On all of the other options it says "The following style options are obsolete and are available here for reference purposes only. Style options such as these can now be edited in the Style Variable Editor."

BTW I did change the main width table from 100% to 1024 earlier - and reverted back but accorrding to the above, that was an obsolete option anyway. SUrely that couldn't have "knocked out" the CSS which, as I say, was working for a short period after the upgrade!!

Thanks again Andy for your assistance.

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Your bburl is incorrect in your Settings. It should not include a trailing slash or a php filename, it should be the directory that your forum files live in.

Leave a comment:

• Harv
    replied
    All of your image paths seem to have "forum.php" appended to them for some reason. Right click where an image should be and choose "image properties" or "view image" if using firefox.

For example - here is the url to your logo image:

remove /forum.php and the image loads. Check your path fields and possibly stylevar imagepaths... not sure what would cause this to happen.

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Do you have any plugins?

Do you have any custom styles?

Leave a comment:

• Charlie_Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by Cricko
    Thanks CB.

Do you mean redo the whole VB4 upgrade upload?
    Given that things worked for a short while, any idea what happened?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• Cricko
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy
    Do you have any templates that need reverting?
    No. On your suggestion, I just clicked GO on the "Revert all templates" option and it said "Nothing to do". (Thanks though).

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Do you have any templates that need reverting?

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cricko
    Is it a CSS problem?
    Yes it's a CSS problem. Although I'm not sure what to suggest.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...