Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricko
    replied
    Originally posted by is_it_me
    Not that I know much about this sort of thing, but that problem on your CMS home page I reckon is something to do with whatever code you have in the 'Register now to access the full range of features on ShrimperZone' notice - only thinking about it I had something similar when I forgot to close the bold HTML tag in the notice on my site and the text on the whole page went bold.
    And that was the final piece in the jigsaw. It was a navbar element we threw in on VB3. I just deleted the content from it and it now looks like I'm just some CMS-tinkering away from "good to go".

Thanks again all.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie_Brown
    replied
    We all try to help when we can as we were all once the type of not knowing and learning. It's always good to pass on what you know even if it is just a little bit compared to others here. I read a lot and learn fixes at times.

Leave a comment:

• is_it_me
    replied
    Originally posted by Cricko
    Yep, thanks CB!!

The final problem was solved by logging out and back in. All the graphics are back and the forums are tidy.

Really appreciate everyone's help. I'd have been nowhere near where I'm at now without the help. Cheers.
    Not that I know much about this sort of thing, but that problem on your CMS home page I reckon is something to do with whatever code you have in the 'Register now to access the full range of features on ShrimperZone' notice - only thinking about it I had something similar when I forgot to close the bold HTML tag in the notice on my site and the text on the whole page went bold.

Leave a comment:

• Cricko
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie_Brown
    There is a few glitches there but you'll get the hang of it but not sure why you lose some images when you go to the main page and not the forum? Also you lose the Home Tab when you go to the blogs area too I see this posted as an issue somewhere recently to. Just don't panic you can get it ironed out in time with some of the experts here to assist you.
    Yep, thanks CB!!

The final problem was solved by logging out and back in. All the graphics are back and the forums are tidy.

Really appreciate everyone's help. I'd have been nowhere near where I'm at now without the help. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie_Brown
    replied
    There is a few glitches there but you'll get the hang of it but not sure why you lose some images when you go to the main page and not the forum? Also you lose the Home Tab when you go to the blogs area too I see this posted as an issue somewhere recently to. Just don't panic you can get it ironed out in time with some of the experts here to assist you.

Originally posted by Cricko
    Forum open.

Forum main page - wrong. Where are all the boxes, tables etc?

Sub forums - okay(ish) - but where has the vBulletin logo gone?

Forums - as above okay(ish) but still not what we're looking at on this site.

Leave a comment:

• Cricko
    replied
    Originally posted by is_it_me
    Forums look fine, but there's something very odd going on with the home page.

BTW greetings from one sideside town to another.
    Greetings in return. Our front page is one of the major drivers for us moving to VB4 - the CMS which means we don't have to rely on our own poor D/Weaver skills.

Leave a comment:

• is_it_me
    replied
    Forums look fine, but there's something very odd going on with the home page.

BTW greetings from one sideside town to another.

Leave a comment:

• Cricko
    replied
    And LOGGING OUT then LOGGING BACK IN seems to have sorted that issue - I obviously had some cached stuff affecting the view. (Beat you to it Harv, only just!!)

Thank you so much everyone.

Various problems, but it seems I'm now right back on track.

Leave a comment:

• Harv
    replied
    Maybe refresh your browser? All look normal to me, in Firefox and IE.

Leave a comment:

• Cricko
    replied
    Originally posted by Harv
    Can't see the links Cricko - your forum is closed.
    Your forum: http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/forum.php , and inside a forum: http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/forum...pers-Chit-Chat , looks fine to me, like the default VB install.
    And now another light has just come on. I've just logged out. As a guest, it looks wonderful. Using my usual signed-in username, it looks appalling!!!! You must have thought I was crazy as you've been looking at something completely different to me!?

Presumably then, I've got some sort of special user settings/templates for individual users which I'll need to knock out.

Leave a comment:

• Harv
    replied
    Your forum: http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/forum.php , and inside a forum: http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/forum...pers-Chit-Chat , looks fine to me, like the default VB install.

Leave a comment:

• Cricko
    replied
    Forum open.

Forum main page - wrong. Where are all the boxes, tables etc?

Sub forums - okay(ish) - but where has the vBulletin logo gone?

Forums - as above okay(ish) but still not what we're looking at on this site.

Leave a comment:

• Cricko
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie_Brown
    It's looking fine even though I see the closed message now.
    Sorry, it didn't dawn on me that the closure was preventing you seeing things. I'll open it now.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie_Brown
    replied
    It's looking fine even though I see the closed message now.

Leave a comment:

• Harv
    replied

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...