X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cricko
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Harv
    He must have checked - loads correctly now from here...
    I hadn't until Ace mentioned it a second time. But, as you note, it's looking better so the right suggestion. I like the sound of yours too. Just need to work out how to do what you've suggested. I'm doing my best to be technically proficient but there's some poetic license involved!!

Comment

• Harv
      • Jan 2005
      • 4.1.x

What images Cricko? Can't see much from this end as your forum is closed, but the 3 or 4 images that load seem ok - also colors, gradients etc. coming through.

by path fields I meant bburl - Ace answered that part far better.

Comment

• Cricko
        • Nov 2007
        • 4.1.x

What images Cricko? Can't see much from this end as your forum is closed, but the 3 or 4 images that load seem ok - also colors, gradients etc. coming through.

by path fields I meant bburl - Ace answered that part far better.
        OKay, thanks again guys.

What's still extremely puzzling is that, earlier today it looked exactly like the vBulletin.com board we're looking at now. One minute it was working, the next it was the sorry state it's in right now. The image path seems to have cleared up some of that issue but all the styling seems wrong. If you go into one of my forums (here), it seems to hang together a little better, but the main forums listing page (here) is all over the place which suggests to me a CSS problem???

As I say, one minute it looked like this forum, the next it looked like the sorry efforts on the attached links.

Comment

• Harv
          • Jan 2005
          • 4.1.x

Can't see the links Cricko - your forum is closed.

Comment

• Charlie_Brown
            • Dec 2006
            • 4.1.x

It's looking fine even though I see the closed message now.

Comment

• Cricko
              • Nov 2007
              • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Charlie_Brown
              It's looking fine even though I see the closed message now.
              Sorry, it didn't dawn on me that the closure was preventing you seeing things. I'll open it now.

Comment

• Cricko
                • Nov 2007
                • 4.1.x

Forum open.

Forum main page - wrong. Where are all the boxes, tables etc?

Sub forums - okay(ish) - but where has the vBulletin logo gone?

Forums - as above okay(ish) but still not what we're looking at on this site.

Comment

• Harv
                  • Jan 2005
                  • 4.1.x

Your forum: http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/forum.php , and inside a forum: http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/forum...pers-Chit-Chat , looks fine to me, like the default VB install.

Comment

• Cricko
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 4.1.x

Your forum: http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/forum.php , and inside a forum: http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/forum...pers-Chit-Chat , looks fine to me, like the default VB install.
                    And now another light has just come on. I've just logged out. As a guest, it looks wonderful. Using my usual signed-in username, it looks appalling!!!! You must have thought I was crazy as you've been looking at something completely different to me!?

Presumably then, I've got some sort of special user settings/templates for individual users which I'll need to knock out.

Comment

• Harv
                      • Jan 2005
                      • 4.1.x

Maybe refresh your browser? All look normal to me, in Firefox and IE.

Comment

• Cricko
                        • Nov 2007
                        • 4.1.x

And LOGGING OUT then LOGGING BACK IN seems to have sorted that issue - I obviously had some cached stuff affecting the view. (Beat you to it Harv, only just!!)

Thank you so much everyone.

Various problems, but it seems I'm now right back on track.

Comment

• is_it_me
                          • Apr 2008

Forums look fine, but there's something very odd going on with the home page.

BTW greetings from one sideside town to another.

testing 1..2..3

Comment

• Cricko
                            • Nov 2007
                            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by is_it_me
                            Forums look fine, but there's something very odd going on with the home page.

BTW greetings from one sideside town to another.
                            Greetings in return. Our front page is one of the major drivers for us moving to VB4 - the CMS which means we don't have to rely on our own poor D/Weaver skills.

Comment

• Charlie_Brown
                              • Dec 2006
                              • 4.1.x

There is a few glitches there but you'll get the hang of it but not sure why you lose some images when you go to the main page and not the forum? Also you lose the Home Tab when you go to the blogs area too I see this posted as an issue somewhere recently to. Just don't panic you can get it ironed out in time with some of the experts here to assist you.

Originally posted by Cricko
                              Forum open.

Forum main page - wrong. Where are all the boxes, tables etc?

Sub forums - okay(ish) - but where has the vBulletin logo gone?

Forums - as above okay(ish) but still not what we're looking at on this site.

Comment

• Cricko
                                • Nov 2007
                                • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Charlie_Brown
                                There is a few glitches there but you'll get the hang of it but not sure why you lose some images when you go to the main page and not the forum? Also you lose the Home Tab when you go to the blogs area too I see this posted as an issue somewhere recently to. Just don't panic you can get it ironed out in time with some of the experts here to assist you.
                                Yep, thanks CB!!

The final problem was solved by logging out and back in. All the graphics are back and the forums are tidy.

Really appreciate everyone's help. I'd have been nowhere near where I'm at now without the help. Cheers.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...