X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedHacker7
    • Jan 2009
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] Problem with server CPU with showthread

Hello my server say i had problem with showthread.php why CPU are high... Do you know anything for this...? I upload the showthread.php file again without changes but the problem are still...
  • anthonyparsons
    • Mar 2005

Odd... its usually well under 20 queries for the page to render.

Comment

• RedHacker7
      • Jan 2009
      • 3.8.x

The my Server said are: 30-40% CPU from showthread.php

Comment

• anthonyparsons
        • Mar 2005

Is this shared hosting? What is your monthly page views?

Comment

• RedHacker7
          • Jan 2009
          • 3.8.x

My server as Lunarpages and i i havent visitors....

Comment

• anthonyparsons
            • Mar 2005

Do you have any mods installed?

Comment

• RedHacker7
              • Jan 2009
              • 3.8.x

Of course i have install mods but said the problem as showthread.php and again upload without changes and nothing change...

Comment

• anthonyparsons
                • Mar 2005

That doesn't mean a mod isn't now causing an issue, because otherwise, every vbulletin 4.0.4 installation would be doing the same thing. Third party add-ons is what now stands you out as the possible conflicting issue. I would try disabling all mods and see how that goes, then bring them back in one at a time to see which is the cause.

Comment

• RedHacker7
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 3.8.x

Top Process %CPU 116 /usr/bin/php /home/*******/public_html/showthread.php
                  Top Process %CPU 114 /usr/bin/php /home/*******/public_html/showthread.php
                  Top Process %CPU 103 /usr/bin/php /home/*******/public_html/content.php

Comment

• anthonyparsons
                    • Mar 2005

showthread.php should be a main page viewed, as it delivers the majority off forum content. If you are on shared hosting then you won't have much luck with many of them on $60 a year accounts because those hosting packages aren't based on server intensive software or applications running. They are typically sold for small scale static business websites. Wordpress, VB, IPB and lots more, are all becoming quite server intensive as they build. Usually the more robust your software, the more server intensive it will be. VB is robust.

Comment

• rajubd
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 4.1.x

Your daily pageviews?
                      MobilePhoneTalk.Com - Mobile Phone Community Powered By EuroVPS.Com

Comment

• RedHacker7
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by anthonyparsons
                        showthread.php should be a main page viewed, as it delivers the majority off forum content. If you are on shared hosting then you won't have much luck with many of them on $60 a year accounts because those hosting packages aren't based on server intensive software or applications running. They are typically sold for small scale static business websites. Wordpress, VB, IPB and lots more, are all becoming quite server intensive as they build. Usually the more robust your software, the more server intensive it will be. VB is robust.

Can you recommend a good ..?

Comment

• anthonyparsons
                          • Mar 2005

Honestly, your better off coming to that conclusion from asking questions in the right place, being the reputable source for everything hosting, http://www.webhostingtalk.com. Search out companies and check out what others are saying, positive and negative. It all comes down to budget to be perfectly honest. I have my own list here: http://www.nocostinstall.com/content...ting-Providers, though I could probably even add another one or two onto that list. I would honestly not just take recommendations, because all the spammers come out off the woodwork wanting you to click on their affiliate links, buy into their nasty reseller hosting, etc. Be very careful and again, do searches on your final few list that suit your budget, ask the hosts questions before buying, giving them details off traffic, software, etc... then you have something in writing from them.

VB near takes a VPS nowadays if you have any type off use occurring, as it is resource intensive. There is lots off recommendations in threads here already that you can also review from credible members here who have a long history with their hosts.

Comment

• Nosfer@tu
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 3.7.x

if nobody visits your site, and cpu load is high anyway.

Then the solution is to find our why, not get a bigger server

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...