Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Master_Jedi
    • Jun 2010

[CMS] CMS Associated Forum Issue vb 4.0.4

I have just upgraded my vb suite and after that, I have the following error message while my members and visitors trying to display the CMS forum page. They have all necessary permissions and the link is valid though... My Homepage articles cannot be reached through the associated forum thread.

I didn't change any permission and it was working on 4.0.3

Also when clicking the link of the forum thread of main page article, "don't have permission to access" message is displayed.
    Last edited by Master_Jedi; Sun 20 Jun '10, 2:08pm.
  • Harv
    • Jan 2005
    • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Master_Jedi
    I have just upgraded my vb suite and after that, I have the following error message while my members and visitors trying to display CMS forum the page. They have all necessary permissions and the link is valid though... My Homepage articles cannot be reached through the associated forum thread.

I didn't change any permission and it was working on 4.0.3

Also when clicking the link of the forum thread of main page article, "don't have permission to access" message is displayed.
    Join the club.

Comment

• Master_Jedi
      • Jun 2010

Which club? Are you also experiencing this problem?

Originally posted by Harv
      Join the club.

Comment

• Boofo
        • Apr 2002
        • 4.1.x

You might want to post a bug report on this.
        vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

• Master_Jedi
          • Jun 2010

I have posted.

Originally posted by Boofo
          You might want to post a bug report on this.

Comment

• Boofo
            • Apr 2002
            • 4.1.x

And THAT is what makes you a Master_Jedi.
            vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

• HondaATC
              • Mar 2004
              • 4.1.x

Link to bug report?
              Vote for these items in the tracker: Image Watermarking ----- Search Algorithm Sucks ----- Drop Main CSS section from style manager ------ Simplify process to accept pending group join requests ------ Add option to publish to the wall of a "Fan Page" in addition to the user's personal FB wall. ------ CMS Should physically resize images into thumbnails and not scale via CSS

Comment

• Master_Jedi
                • Jun 2010

Here it is: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-7585

Originally posted by HondaATC
                Link to bug report?

Comment

• Master_Jedi
                  • Jun 2010

Sorry, I don't know any code but this problem really annoys me and there is a big silence at bug tracker. I want to ask if this issue I mentioned above has something to do with this part of the source code:

Code:
                  [COLOR=#0000ff]<[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000]script[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]type[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]="text/javascript" [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]src[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]="clientscript/yui/yuiloader-dom-event/yuiloader-dom-event.js?v=404">[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]</[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000]script[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]>[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0000ff]<[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000]script[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]type[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]="text/javascript" [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]src[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]="clientscript/yui/connection/connection-min.js?v=404">[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]</[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000]script[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]>[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0000ff]<[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000]script[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]type[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]="text/javascript">[/COLOR] 

[COLOR=#008000]<!--[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0000ff]var[/COLOR] SESSIONURL = [COLOR=#800000]""[/COLOR];

[COLOR=#0000ff]var[/COLOR] SECURITYTOKEN = [COLOR=#800000]"guest"[/COLOR];

[COLOR=#0000ff]var[/COLOR] IMGDIR_MISC = [COLOR=#800000]"images/misc"[/COLOR];

[COLOR=#0000ff]var[/COLOR] IMGDIR_BUTTON = [COLOR=#800000]"images/buttons"[/COLOR];

[COLOR=#0000ff]var[/COLOR] vb_disable_ajax = parseInt([COLOR=#800000]"0"[/COLOR], [COLOR=#ff0000]10[/COLOR]);

[COLOR=#0000ff]var[/COLOR] SIMPLEVERSION = [COLOR=#800000]"404"[/COLOR];

[COLOR=#0000ff]var[/COLOR] BBURL = [COLOR=#800000]"http://MYSITE.com"[/COLOR];

[COLOR=#0000ff]var[/COLOR] LOGGEDIN = [COLOR=#ff0000]0[/COLOR] > [COLOR=#ff0000]0[/COLOR] ? true : false;

[COLOR=#0000ff]var[/COLOR] THIS_SCRIPT = [COLOR=#800000]"forumdisplay"[/COLOR];

[COLOR=#0000ff]var[/COLOR] RELPATH = [COLOR=#800000]"forumdisplay.php?3-SEO URL"[/COLOR];

[COLOR=#008000]// -->[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0000ff]</[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000]script[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]>[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0000ff]<[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000]script[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]type[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]="text/javascript" [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]src[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]="http://MYSITE.com/clientscript/vbulletin-core.js?v=404">[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]</[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000]script[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]>[/COLOR]
                  I can enter the forum as admin but as I log out, the error message "invalid link" is displayed.

Any comments?

Comment

• Master_Jedi
                    • Jun 2010

It seems this is a common issue and I newly discovered those threads.

I don't understand why vb team are not concerned with the issue which concerns us as a pain in the head...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...