Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hollie H
    • Apr 2010

[Forum] Video embed

Before I spin my wheels trying to make this happen, can someone tell me if this is possible?

In my forums, I am teaching a private class. Paying students will receive access to a private forum where they will watch a series of videos. I want these videos to be embedded so they can only be watched in the forum and to make sure that the video url can not be shared.

Also, I wanted to host the video on a seperate server so that it didn't eat my sites bandwidth.

Is this possible?

Thank you so much in advance!
  • nakedanvil
    • Mar 2010

The first part is just matter of permissions - no problem. On the second, you can make videos on Youtube private or use Vimeo. Never tried embedding a private video, wonder how that works? Otherwise you'll need to upload them to your server.

Comment

• Hollie H
      • Apr 2010

I have the permissions part down. Its the video part that I can't figure out. First, the videos are 20-30 minutes long so they need to be uploaded to my server, I understand that. But how do I have the video play only in my forum and make sure that the the video file can not be copied or shared...in other words, not be pirated. Thanks!

Comment

• nakedanvil
        • Mar 2010

I would have thought it was easier until I looked into it. If someone has the URL to the file on your server, how do you protect it. Great question, hope someone has the answer.

Comment

• Hameedacpa
          • Dec 2009

me to hope someone has the answer of this important question

Comment