Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • finweg
    • Jun 2010

[Forum] Ridiculous!

I thought I was going to be starting a forum, not learning how to program! Just bought 4.04 after I bought into all the advertising you did about how easy things integrated with this and that.

Do you have anyone testing this stuff before you release it?

I have multiple problems with cookies and facebook connect. You are welcome to login to my site and register to test it out:
    www.holosync-forum.com

Randomly logs you out or tells you, and apparently it only will pull facebook data to your profile, if you register on my site, then login to facebook, then hit the facebook connect button. If you just hit facebook connect, it will pull your data to register you, but then it won't pull your data for the profile.

Only way to stay logged in is by hitting "remember me" and a lot of the time that doesn't work either!

What a joke... these are basic, basic things... logging in and facebook integration. WORK on this before anything else. The 50 character limit on the string variable of the 4th array blah, blah, blah, can wait.
  • fdifranco
    • Dec 2008
    • 3.5.x

I have to agree with finweg on this one. Everytime I try to log onto my site I just cross my fingers and hope that it logs me in. If I had a penny for everytime I logged in and still got the yellow bar across the top that appears when you haven't logged in...

Don't get me wrong. I love the CMS and as a programmer I have customized my site with at least 50 custom PHP widgets. I love VB4. I thought that I was alone with login issues but clearly I am not alone.

You guys really have to address login issues. Login problems are going to kill my site. I'm not even using Facebook Connect. I frequently have problems logging on to my forums as well as logging into the admin control panel.

Comment

• beishe8
      • Oct 2005
      • 4.2.X

Guys,check your cookie setting,the above problem could come from there.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• vilhiem
        • Apr 2010

I agree with the first two posters ... users should not have to check their cookie settings (and if so, system should alert users to that problem).

There are serious log in issues with vB!

Comment

• nakedanvil
          • Mar 2010

When there is a problem you shouldn't be able to check the source? I've run every version of 4.x since January and I've had zero login issues, so it's not a problem with the code to my thinking.There are bulletin boards out there that are much easier to use if that's what you want. Looks to me like 99% of the complaints come from 1% of the customers.

Comment