X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gajj
    • Dec 2009
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] Can't edit posts

The upgrade (4.0.3 PL1 to 4.0.4) went very smoothly but for some reason I'm now unable to edit posts. Advanced edit works correctly but a simple edit results in a lovely vista spinning wheel which I think would probably keep spinning for a few years if I let it. Anyone any ideas?
    Last edited by gajj; Sat 19 Jun '10, 7:47am.
  • gajj
    • Dec 2009
    • 3.8.x

Just to clarify: I get the dotted vbulletin spinning wheel too.

Comment

• gajj
      • Dec 2009
      • 3.8.x

I can get around the problem by disabling 'quick edit' and forcing the users into the advanced edit mode (quick reply was already set to no).

Comment

• ChristianAlfred
        • Jul 2004

I have the same problem. Will disable quick edit now. Came with upgrade from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Are you getting any errors? Have you checked your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host)? Have you tried using a default style to see if you still have the same issue? Tried disabling all your plugins?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• gajj
            • Dec 2009
            • 3.8.x

Oops... You're right of course Lynne. Should have done that prior to posting the problem.

Okay:

edit function works normally in default vb.
            Global disable of plugins didn't resolve the problem in my custom style.
            Looking at errors now

Edit:

these two errors keep repeating and are unrelated to the vb upgrade as they began to appear yesterday and I upgraded today:

script '/home/xxxx/public_html/vbseo.php' not found or unable to stat, referer: (url is either for someone editing or making a post)
            here's the other related error which keeps popping up:

script '/home/xxxx/public_html/vbseo.php' not found or unable to stat, referer: http://www.hj-research.com/forum/cli...ain-rollup.css

The actual path to vbseo.php on my site is /forum/vbseo.php so I'm wondering what is looking for vbseo.php in public_html/ ...?

I upgraded vbseo yesterday and no errors were reported.
            Last edited by gajj; Sat 19 Jun '10, 10:43am.

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

If the edit function works fine in a default style, then the problem is with your style. You'll have to figure out which template needs to be upgraded and upgrade it.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• adembaba
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Lynne
                If the edit function works fine in a default style, then the problem is with your style. You'll have to figure out which template needs to be upgraded and upgrade it.
                The only edited template is headinclude(red marked)...so that can't be it i think.

The problem with me is that admin can edit his own posts, also that of others, but if users edit their own posts they get an error(using IE8). Editing self works though, but you have to click twice.

Comment

• gajj
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 3.8.x

Thanks Lynne. I'll look into it.

Comment

• RedTrinity
                    • Apr 2008
                    • 4.1.x

I'm having the same issue here, quick edit keeps perpetually timing out :/
                    http://www.theparentsanctuary.net - Free to use Australian parenting forum providing advice, support, friendship, competitions and more to parents and parents-to-be.

Comment

• raymondblog
                      • Apr 2010

My forum is experiencing the same problem too. Reuploaded all the files and still no fix..

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Aug 2002
                        • 5.7.X

Have you tried disabling plugins and creating a new default style to see if it happens there?
                        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• cortinator
                          • Nov 2007
                          • 3.8.x

Had this problem, and distinguished that it was in fact the Headinclude template that was causing the problems.

Comment

• twitch
                            • Apr 2005
                            • 4.2.x

same problem. is there a fix for the headinclude?

Comment

• cortinator
                              • Nov 2007
                              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by twitch
                              same problem. is there a fix for the headinclude?
                              I don't think so, all I did was revert the template and re-added any type of changes I made to the template, and after that was done the edit function still works.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...