facebook connect button only refresh the page

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anthonyparsons
    • Mar 2005

You have an issue with your image verification, so I cannot register for an account.

Comment

• kyle
      • Mar 2001

whats the issue?
      there is no need to register, I just pasted a link to show that facebook does not work as its supposed to. I am trying to fix this for more than a week now. This is a new , clean installation of vbulletin on my testerver btw.

Comment

• ReMoN SaMiR
        • Oct 2006
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by anthonyparsons
        Have you looked at your custom Facebook mod / hack that is likely interfering?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46007[/ATTACH]

This is more than likely causing a conflict with your connect button, as this is not a standard part off VB. Always fault find from a default template with all third party hacks, mods, plugins disabled. Never attempt to fault find with anything non-standard, as its a failure in the making.
        It works, I've removed the custom code, and Facebook Connect worked on the style, and the "Publish to Facebook" Button appeared while creating new thread.

I'm so grateful for your help.

I've one more question, can I add a badge which is supported by Facebook?

Comment

• kyle
          • Mar 2001

Can someone help me to resolve my issue?

Comment

• ximcix
            • May 2004

Originally posted by kyle
            I have installed a new fresh installation of vbulletin 4.0.4 and I am still getting the same thing. I am sure my settings are all 100% ok.
            whats the issue?
            there is no need to register, I just pasted a link to show that facebook does not work as its supposed to. I am trying to fix this for more than a week now. This is a new , clean installation of vbulletin on my testerver btw.
            Can someone help me to resolve my issue?
            This is the footer of your forum
            All times are GMT. The time now is 06:00 PM.
            This is the footer of my forum
            All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:50 PM.
            Powered by vBulletinâ„¢ Version 4.0.4
            Copyright © 2010 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
            Copyright © 1995 - 2010 MyWebsite.com
            It appears as though you removed some info from your footer, including the version number. You could be using 4.0.3 for all we know.
            Reverting the footer was all i needed to do to resolved the issue i was having with FB Connect.

Comment

• kyle
              • Mar 2001

Originally posted by ximcix
              This is the footer of your forum

This is the footer of my forum

It appears as though you removed some info from your footer, including the version number. You could be using 4.0.3 for all we know.
              Reverting the footer was all i needed to do to resolved the issue i was having with FB Connect.
              I have not removed any info from my footer, this is default template with no modification whatsoever. It's different from yours because we have branding free option.
              view the source and you will find this
              <meta name="generator" content="vBulletin 4.0.4" />
              which confirms that we have 4.0.4

Can someone help find a real solution for this? I am tired of it.

Comment

• kyle
                • Mar 2001

found a solution for this problem, php in my server was missing cURL module, recompiled my php with it and it looks like it's working now.

Comment

• anthonyparsons
                  • Mar 2005

Nice... obviously frustrating for you Kyle, but glad you found the issue.

Comment

• mmostafayousef
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 3.8.x

found a solution for this problem, php in my server was missing cURL module, recompiled my php with it and it looks like it's working now.

Would you please explain this in detail?? How did you do that and how did you recopile your PHP??

Thanking you in advance for the anticipated cooperation.

Comment

• FLCbulletins
                      • Dec 2008

Just as an FYI, I am running windows server 2003 with PHP and just upgraded to vBulletin 4.0.5. (and was not previously using facebook connect in any way).

I was having the same problem where it would work just one time, and then after that all any kind of facebook button did was reload the page you were on.

I added the curl module to my php.ini file and then restarted and it seems to be working. I appreciate the info here.

I will post any additional info or problems I have but curl is definitely worth checking into...

Comment