Facebook 4.0.4

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kyle
    • Mar 2001

found a solution for this problem, php in my server was missing cURL module, recompiled my php with it and it looks like it's working now.

Comment

• dodgez
      • Apr 2005

I just checked mine and it says

PHP Version 5.2.12

curl

cURL support enabled cURL Information libcurl/7.19.5 zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.6.5

Comment

• Subsonic
        • Feb 2003
        • 5.0.X

Originally posted by dodgez
        When you go in to your UserCP --> edit connections. can you log out of facebook and log back in?
        Yes I can

Comment

• Subsonic
          • Feb 2003
          • 5.0.X

Update:
          Ok after doing what dodgez asked if I could do, I created a new thread and selected the publish to FB option and it worked, it did show on my wall.
          However (there always has to be a however ) when making a reply to an existing thread and selection the publish to FB it did not work, anyone have an idea why that would be the case?

Comment

• mmostafayousef
            • Jul 2009
            • 3.8.x

From The "headinclude" template I got the following piece of code:

<vb:if condition="$vboptions['enablefacebookconnect']">
            <script type="text/javascript" src="http://static.ak.connect.facebook.co....php"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript" src="{vb:raw vboptions.bburl}/clientscript/vbulletin_facebook.js?v={vb:raw vboptions.simpleversion}"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript">
            <!--
            var FB_APIKEY = "{vb:raw vboptions.facebookapikey}";
            var FB_RECEIVER = "{vb:raw vboptions.facebookreceiverlocation}"
            // -->
            </script>
            </vb:if>

And amazingly this part uses the "facebookapikey" despite the fcaebook options part in 4.0.4 does not take any API KEY anymore .. It now takes the Application ID instead.

So can anyone please highlight to me how vBulletin is supposed to know the API KEY if I am not suuplying it in the facebook options??

The same goes also for the "facebookreceiverlocation" .. What is this supposed to mean??

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

That is not the code in a default headinclude template. It looks like you didn't upgrade/revert your custom headinclude template to use the new code.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• mmostafayousef
                • Jul 2009
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Lynne
                That is not the code in a default headinclude template. It looks like you didn't upgrade/revert your custom headinclude template to use the new code.

I expected just that.

Can you please then explain to me how to resolve this issue anyway??

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

To revert a template, you would select it from the list of templates and click on Revert on the right. If you revert a template, you will lose any customizations. To upgrade the template, click to Edit it, click View History > Compare > see all the changes made between your template and the new default template and then make the changes to your template and save.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                  vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                  Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                  If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• RedHacker7
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 3.8.x

Revert 3 templates but not show anything in forum...

Comment

• Subsonic
                      • Feb 2003
                      • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Subsonic
                      Update:
                      Ok after doing what dodgez asked if I could do, I created a new thread and selected the publish to FB option and it worked, it did show on my wall.
                      However (there always has to be a however ) when making a reply to an existing thread and selection the publish to FB it did not work, anyone have an idea why that would be the case?
                      Have no clue what's going on here, but now not even getting to post new threads.
                      Why does noone seem to be addressing this issue?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Aug 2002
                        • 5.7.X

Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem in this style?
                        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Subsonic
                          • Feb 2003
                          • 5.0.X

Created new style, did nothing to it cleared everything signed in.
                          Clicked the Connect button at top where it popped up a window asking for me to sign in... FB avatar shows now.
                          Created a thread and checked the publish to FB box a pop up window which is blank displays for a second and then closes. I check facebook and find nothing, I make a reply to a couple of threads making sure that the publish box is checked in each case, nothing goes to FB although in each instance a pop up window is displayed and closes.

Comment

• MR K
                            • Dec 2006

Created new style, did nothing to it cleared everything signed in.
                            Clicked the Connect button at top where it popped up a window asking for me to sign in... FB avatar shows now.
                            Created a thread and checked the publish to FB box a pop up window which is blank displays for a second and then closes. I check facebook and find nothing, I make a reply to a couple of threads making sure that the publish box is checked in each case, nothing goes to FB although in each instance a pop up window is displayed and closes.
                            exactly the same trouble here, i can confirm this issue into THREE different boards (1 live, and 2 for tests) ...

edit: anyway i can confirm that the 'like button' and the 'tiny avatar' are running correctly ...
                            Last edited by MR K; Tue 29 Jun '10, 3:36pm.

Comment

• Subsonic
                              • Feb 2003
                              • 5.0.X

To add to this, promoting a thread to an article also does not publish to FB, tried that today too.
                              Does anyone know of a Bug Tracker link that deals with this exact point? I have not come across one in the many that exist, but don't want to start one if I have missed it and then cause a duplicate.

Comment

• MR K
                                • Dec 2006

To add to this, promoting a thread to an article also does not publish to FB, tried that today too.
                                Does anyone know of a Bug Tracker link that deals with this exact point? I have not come across one in the many that exist, but don't want to start one if I have missed it and then cause a duplicate.
                                i searched something about this issue, nothing found ... maybe you can try to open a new issue, i can confirm that easily ...

ps. post the link here please
                                Last edited by MR K; Wed 30 Jun '10, 10:48am.

Comment